New mods on my MS6

aTriz

:
2006 Black Mazdaspeed 6
Hello all,
I needed to do something to make this car a bit louder since no one even realizes what it is, thinking we are a normal 6 :) So I took it in to the shop, and poof, now I have a few mods... First, I purchased a custom 3" full turbo back exhaust. Then the guy at the shop also disconnected my bov recirulator I think... I heard you loose boost during shifting like this?? Correct me if im wrong. It sounds really cool though, really loud and sounds kinda like a bov. I'll be posting some videos soon :) As far as the gains in HP and stuff, you can feel a decent increasement in power. Hopefully i'll get it on the dyno soon.

I dont have full 3" (forgot to mention). It goes from 3" to 2" duels it sounds pretty quiet and is deep. Im going out tonight, taking some videos.

1killercls said:
3" is overkill you realize...and may even diminish low end torque.

This is typical with an N/A setup, but with FI the less restriction the better. It actually will increase high end hp/tq.

how is 3 inch overkill.... stock isnt it dual 2 inches, so 3 inches is only 12.5% larger, we actuall were going to go 3.5 to 3 inch but since the stock turbo will be on there for a while theres really no point. the car pulls harder down low and up top

zoom shoes said:
how is 3 inch overkill.... stock isnt it dual 2 inches, so 3 inches is only 12.5% larger, we actuall were going to go 3.5 to 3 inch but since the stock turbo will be on there for a while theres really no point. the car pulls harder down low and up top
This might make some sense if they were STRAIGHT THROUGH mufflers stock..but they are not. As for 3" being ok on the MS6..I am not sure...but my guess would be overkill and low end torque loss. Unless of course a bigger turbo and intercooler/and intake package is introduced. Just my opinion..take it or leave it. :)

1killercls said:
This might make some sense if they were STRAIGHT THROUGH mufflers stock..but they are not. As for 3" being ok on the MS6..I am not sure...but my guess would be overkill and low end torque loss. Unless of course a bigger turbo and intercooler/and intake package is introduced. Just my opinion..take it or leave it. :)

Turbos build boost by creating a pressure differential across the two sides of the exhaust turbine which makes it spin. The less pressure on the exhaust side (after turbo) the faster the turbo will build boost and the MORE low end torque you will have, regardless of what size turbo your running.

Heres a quick video of it, you cant really hear the open recirculator valve thingy i was talking about but at least its better than nothing...
http://media.putfile.com/Exhaust156
This is with all the windows rolled up, so its a little louder than it sounds. More vids soon.

Yes, love the sound. Nice, deep and smooth. Thank you for getting a muffler with this type of sound instead of somthing which sounds all cut up and broken. I approve. A bigger/longer clip would be better next time. Good job man

Wasn't able to play the clip, computer is telling me that I am missing a plug in, I am running on Media center edition of XP, need help.

Theres more Videos / Pics over on * Post the pics and vids here...Thanks! under the Mazdaspeed section if you guys want :)

M6GR8
Just figured out that it isn't Windows Media Center edition causing the problem with needing plug-ins, it's Mozilla Firefox, as soon as I opened up Internet explorer and pasted the link the file played fine.
So if anyone knows of a plug-in that I need to download for Mozilla firefox, please let me know, otherwise I'll just have to use Internet explorer.

Back