Reaction by others

miatafied

Contributor
:
Mazda5/kidhauler - Miata/fun car
Today I went out to lunch with a friend and was lucky enough to get a parking spot right in front of the door to the restaurant. The "greeter" opened the door for us and was just busting at the seams to comment about the mazda5. He was tripping over himself..."Hey, that's the new mazda5!" "Wow, nice color!" "It's a great looking car!" "I love the sport roof rack!" "Is it a 5 speed?" "zoom-zoom - yeah!" My friend was like "what the hell?" It was kind of funny.

I got a ticket the other day in my P5 and as the cop hands me the ticket he says, "that's a pretty sweet ride you got there. Done anything to it?" Not wanting trouble I explained to him what I'd done and that I ran auto-x and he said, "good luck with that," and walked back to his motorcycle.

miatafied said:
Today I went out to lunch with a friend and was lucky enough to get a parking spot right in front of the door to the restaurant. The "greeter" opened the door for us and was just busting at the seams to comment about the mazda5. He was tripping over himself..."Hey, that's the new mazda5!" "Wow, nice color!" "It's a great looking car!" "I love the sport roof rack!" "Is it a 5 speed?" "zoom-zoom - yeah!" My friend was like "what the hell?" It was kind of funny.

When was the last time a "mini-van-esque" vehicle got that reaction?!

Haha...Awesome (thumb)

Always fun to see a car like this, get attention...

The last time I went through the fast food drive through....

In your most Valley-talk/Surfer Dude accent.... The 20 yr old kid says...
"Dude, I like it. What is that thing? Is that uhhhh.....like... a Van?" (headbang)

Keep Zoomin

Back in July when we first got the 5 I went fishing in a really isolated spot early in the morning. So as I am hiking back to the car from the lake there is some dude leaning on the glass looking inside. My initial response was, "get the hell off of my 5", but when I got closer and the guy realized I was the owner I he wanted to know what it was, where I got it etc... I ended up going over all the features like a salesman. Several of my co-workers who drive SUVs have also asked me about it and commented on how nice it looks. It is not perfect, but I don't think anything comes close to it for the money.

Back