n00b question... name of this car?

jandree22

:
2007 Mazda5
I'll be honest, I didn't search for this answer because I had no clue what to search for... so maybe it was covered before. But anways, what's the official name of this car? Is it...

Make - Mazda
Model - "5"

or

Make - Mazda
Model - "Mazda5"

Just curious for when the time comes for official purposes like insurance and or other records where I need to give the make and model of my vehicle.

I own one and dont even know. I called my insurance company after I got it and he couldn't find it initially. When he found it, he explained that in their system under Mazda they have the 3 and 6 (among the other cars) and the Mazda5 so that would translate to Mazda 3, Mazda 6 and Mazda Mazda5. :D

LOL, I wasn't necessarily saying it IS called the Mazda Mazda5 but rather that's how Amfam has it in their computer so if that's who you have tell him to look under M for the model, not under the number 5.

Charles J P said:
LOL, I wasn't necessarily saying it IS called the Mazda Mazda5 but rather that's how Amfam has it in their computer so if that's who you have tell him to look under M for the model, not under the number 5.

that's basically what I'm getting at. When somebody asks "What kinda car do you drive?" you're not gonna reply "a Mazda Mazda5".... you're just gonna say "a Mazda5"

Rather, when they break it down into individual items in Make and Model, say if someone's asking for each individually or 2 separate blanks on a form, what goes in the Model spot, "5" or "Mazda5"... and it seems to be "Mazda5"

The Mazda Mazda thing makes me thinkl of Little Caesars...'pizza pizza'
lc5.jpg

Does Little Ceasers cease to exist? There used to be one in my town, and it closed down years ago and I haven't seen one since.

The names could be better. Paying the taxes on both at once...

"The 5 is an '06, the 3 is an '05".
"Give me the reg for the 5."
"Here you go."
"Is this a Mazda 5?"
"No, it's a 3."
"Then gimme the reg for the 6".
""We only have a 3 and a 5."
"Which is the 6?"
"Who's on 1st?"
"Very funny."

(hah)
3+5 said:

"Here you go."
"Is this a Mazda 5?"
"No, it's a 3."
"Which is the 6?"
"Who's on 1st?"
"Very funny."

ROFL

3+5 said:

"Here you go."
"Is this a Mazda 5?"
"No, it's a 3."
"Which is the 6?"
"Who's on 1st?"
"Very funny."

LOL! I feel your pain. I had a similar episode, except it was at the dealership where I bought the car. The dealership was a Ford/Mazda/Subaru dealership and the guy doing the paperwork couldn't figure out which car I bought. He kept putting MX-5 down on the forms.

Our conversation went like this...

Them -"Thanks for buying a car from us, please sign these forms"
Me - "ahhh...this purchase order says I'm buying a MX-5, but I'm actually buying a Mazda5"
Them -"Right, MX-5"
Me - "no, a Mazda5"
Them - "a MX-5 is a Mazda5"
Me - "no, a MX-5 is a small 2 door convertiable also known as a Miata, a Mazda5 is a small 5 door wagon with 3 rows of seats that sits 6 people. I would love to have a Miata, but you'll have to find another way to get my wife home, since there are only two seats and I've got three people"
Them - "...."
Me - "Maybe you should call over to the Mazda showroom and they can help you.."
Them - "errr, yeah, give me one second here"

Wuster said:
LOL! I feel your pain. I had a similar episode, except it was at the dealership where I bought the car. The dealership was a Ford/Mazda/Subaru dealership and the guy doing the paperwork couldn't figure out which car I bought. He kept putting MX-5 down on the forms.

Our conversation went like this...

Them -"Thanks for buying a car from us, please sign these forms"
Me - "ahhh...this purchase order says I'm buying a MX-5, but I'm actually buying a Mazda5"
Them -"Right, MX-5"
Me - "no, a Mazda5"
Them - "a MX-5 is a Mazda5"
Me - "no, a MX-5 is a small 2 door convertiable also known as a Miata, a Mazda5 is a small 5 door wagon with 3 rows of seats that sits 6 people. I would love to have a Miata, but you'll have to find another way to get my wife home, since there are only two seats and I've got three people"
Them - "...."
Me - "Maybe you should call over to the Mazda showroom and they can help you.."
Them - "errr, yeah, give me one second here"

If I was a customer and overheard this conversation, I would have been rolling on the floor.

Where they at one point in time called Crazy Bread? I think I remember one time the guy behind the counter asking if I wanted any Crazy Sauce with my Crazy Bread...Crazy...

Pizza Pizza...

Mazda Mazda...(thank you the_saint)

lc5.jpg

-pixy- said:
you must fedex me some breadsticks :D

Back