Factory seat covers now available!

Yup just got my set yesterday!! Have yet to install them today as the kids are home sick and I can't manage to get 5 minutes out into the garage. (Naturally, if I sit in the same room with them on the computer they don't need me - the second I step out of the room - total chaos!)

www.onlinemazdaparts.com

MSRP $350 - price w/ them $280 incl. shipping!

Last edited:
I just installed the seat covers and I really like them. They are neoprene too so that is going to be nice for when I leave the gym. They look really good installed.

Please post some pictures... I've been debating on the mazda seat covers or going with custom made waterproof seat covers. The custom pieces would run double the factory pieces. Thanks in advance

Sorry for the late response, been busy so I decided to take the week off to catch up on some things around the house. It is suppose to rain tomorrow but if it dosen't I'll take some pics for you now that I have the time.

Hi,
I just installed my covers ordered thru mazdastuff.
The material is quite different from the OEM seats....Sorta like a nylon based fabric.
Easy to install...with the exception of the 3rd row.
I found that the drivers seat covers didn't fit too snugly around the bottom half of the set, perhaps I need to try again.
I'll post some pics as soon as the wife comes home with the car....I swear, as soon as we traded our 2000 MPV for the Mazda5 she's never at home.
Anthony

What's the big deal, if I can ask ignorantly? I mean they look like the OEM minus the M logo?? Can someone explain the benefits or motivation to spend $400?

First off, most of us are paying $280-$289 for the set.

Kids, dogs, wet or dirty clothing, sloppy eaters, no fuzzing of seat fabric.

And the black interior, I'm finding, is amazingly hard to keep looking clean!!! So far, nothing seems to stick to the seatcovers! The OEM seats are like dirt magnets here (even after scotchguarding)!!

So the seat covers OEM aren't water resistant as in the brochure? Or did they mean these seat covers were the stain repellant? Hmm. I may have to look into them then.

Seat Covers Installed

Finally got the seat covers installed.
Snug fit and easy installation.
The only compliant is that the arm-rest covers refuse to stay put.
I may end up discarding them because they keep coming off.
Apart from that it was well worth the $$$.
I'll try to post some images.
Regards,
Anthony

Attachments

• 5GT_1 001.jpg
    5GT_1 001.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 480
  • 5GT_1 002.jpg
    5GT_1 002.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 673
Zoom5Zoom- Already had the tints done :) THe new 3M tints that never fade, they block like 50% of UVAs, keeps the cab nice, dark and cool.

How is everybody's seat covers doing after a month? I have been torn between the factory covers and having custom covers made locally. I surf and my family goes to the beach at least once a month so I need to get a set that is water proof or water resistant.

I have had all my cars covered by "Hawaiianseatcovers.com" and they have a great product. I have had a front and rear set in my sentra for over 5 years and they hold up pretty well. I just wondering if the factory seat covers are just as good.

I haven't taken the 5 to the beach yet.... thanks in advance for the imput.

Aloha

I'm still loving these seat covers - haven't REALLY put them to the test yet - no kids in wet bathing suits, etc., but they've actually remained pretty clean and I've gotten some compliments from visiting passengers who've noticed how comfortable they are. The 3rd row seems to have gotten easier to put up and down than it was when I first installed the seat covers.

Because the pics don't show it, is the lighter grey area of the covers the same pattern as the door panels and current seat covers? That area looks like just a light grey flat area and doesn't match the door panels and current covers.

it's been 2 years and no problems... looks good and easy to clean up... a must have if you have kids or go to the beach often....

Back