sylvania silverstars

geezerz99

:
2006 MAZDA5 Sport
since hid's are too much i decided to install some silverstars for now. I won one on ebay for half the retail price (around $15). I have to say they are worth it. they really made a difference. from up close you can't really tell, but from a distance, and when you're driving, it really enhances the look and visibility. So for anyone who's thinking about replacing those oe lights, go for it.. you'll be very satisfied.

Silverstars are good bulbs but the Osram Silverstars are brighter and have more light output than the Sylvanias because the Sylvania bulbs have a blue tint that cuts down on light output. To compensate for the reduced light output, the Sylvania filaments are designed to flow more current, shortening the life of the bulb. Osrams do not have this problem and are available from:
http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk

I agree with goldstar... I have Sylvania SilverStar's right now and while I don't think they're brighter at all, they're definately whiter.

I'll have to check out the Osrams next time around

For $15, OK. I gave them a chance when they first came out ( I always buy PIAA Extreme White 4150K) and returned them. Not worth $45 in my book - almost anything is better than the stock halogens, though.

I have Silverstars but my first set lasted 6 months. I replaced them but I am now thinking of going with PIAA. The PIAA have a lifetime warranty. The Silverstar, 1 year max, and that is depending on the number of hours used, not time.

Are the PIAA better ? Other options ?

GOOD REP COMING YOUR WAY!!! I am installing the the silver stars this weekend for my fogs.... I already bought them, but I will give these other ones a try as soon as these burn out...

and thanks for the info and link!!!!!

give the guy good rep for posting info and links, folks!!!

goldstar said:
Silverstars are good bulbs but the Osram Silverstars are brighter and have more light output than the Sylvanias because the Sylvania bulbs have a blue tint that cuts down on light output. To compensate for the reduced light output, the Sylvania filaments are designed to flow more current, shortening the life of the bulb. Osrams do not have this problem and are available from:
http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk

i have used every kind of hypper white bulb out there

ALL of them look yellow compared to the HIDs, spend the extra cash, u won't regret it

Back