Winter Testing of the Mazda 5

Zoom5Zoom

:
Mazda 5 GS 5MT
Hi all

Was just wondering now that it is cold up here in the great white north where or who did any winter testing of the Mazda 5.

I have seen a couple of issues with Door Latches that Freeze.... Bushings making creaking noises, and lastly frozen batteries (mostly on new cars which haven't run since build most likely).

Anyone with Info or even links to pics it would be exciting to see if Mazda or someone else did some testing..... hope we are not the test bed (rockon)

Here are my issues with winter:

My brakes squeal SO LOUDLY especially in the winter and/or after rain/wet snow from the night before. It hurts my ears if I stand near the car while it is slowly backing out of the garage. Lightly keeping my foot on the brake pedal just makes the car scream. Not to mention the neighbours.. they turn their heads to look at who the heck has a squealing car!

I don't know if there's something wrong... I mean, I know that rust can form from the previous night and can lead to some brake squeals, but I wouldn't expect it to be this bad. Even my Mazda 3 doesn't have that issue...

The other thing I notice is that it takes a long while for my Mazda 5 to heat up on a cold day. I have it set to 28degC. Even after a while of driving, I'd have the heat blasting through the vents but the temperature is only warm. I think maybe 30-45min then the heat finally kicks in.

long time to heat up

Dracore

I have noticed some people don't realise that when we are using Defrost mode either automatic or setting fo the vents we suck air in from outside.

If you are sucking in -25 C its hard to warm up a car. Try to set to internal heat setting say after windows defrosted to see if cabin heats up.

Yeah -25C outside would certainly be a factor in how long it warms up. I do notice that my old Camry and Passat GL used to heat up much quicker. It would be nice if the Mazda 5 heated up just as fast :)

Maybe it has something to do with that temperature thermocoupler thingie (I don't remmeber the actual name). I remember when my Camry used to take forever to warm up. After I had that temperature thing replaced it got hot pretty quickly.

Back