AutoEx Parts are finally here!!

gunslinger13x

:
06 Mazda 5 Touring
After 4 long weeks, the AutoEx parts for my 5 are here - Kuddos to Derick @ Corksport. I only noticed one minor problem. Since the strut tower brace was designed for the J-Spec Premacy, the mount for the Brake Master Cylinder Resevoir is on the wrong side of the vehicle. I'll have to modify the existing bracket to work with the brace. I'am willing to put up with this due to the heavy duty construction of the brace vs what already out there. My only other concern is if the rear suspension has enuff adjustment to counter the increased negative camber once the new springs are installed. Now I just have to find the time to install.

Attachments

• DCP_8314.JPG
    DCP_8314.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DCP_8313.JPG
    DCP_8313.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DCP_8312.JPG
    DCP_8312.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 178
  • DCP_8311.JPG
    DCP_8311.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DCP_8310.JPG
    DCP_8310.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 211
gunslinger13x said:
After 4 long weeks, the AutoEx parts for my 5 are here - Kuddos to Derick @ Corksport. I only noticed one minor problem. Since the strut tower brace was designed for the J-Spec Premacy, the mount for the Brake Master Cylinder Resevoir is on the wrong side of the vehicle. I'll have to modify the existing bracket to work with the brace. I'am willing to put up with this due to the heavy duty construction of the brace vs what already out there. My only other concern is if the rear suspension has enuff adjustment to counter the increased negative camber once the new springs are installed. Now I just have to find the time to install.
Sweet!!!! I want pics (rockon)

I don't think you'll have much problem with the camber since it's only a little over an inch of drop. From what I've seen, the Japanese haven't run into any probs (from what I can tell).

Nice! How much did that set you back though? O.O

The paint chips of fairly easy also, be careful.

What about struts/shocks? aftermarket? I imagine the suspension will get real "mushy" with stock set up, after a couple of months

Gobe_Air said:
What about struts/shocks? aftermarket? I imagine the suspension will get real "mushy" with stock set up, after a couple of months

At this point I'm either going to go with the MAZDASPEED sport struts for the MZ3 or a set of KONIs (they are supposed to be available on the 1st part of March) again for the MZ3. I'm leaning towards the KONIs

Here is the link on a dealer who claims that KONIs for the MZ3 are on the way. http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=39405.0

gunslinger13x said:
At this point I'm either going to go with the MAZDASPEED sport struts for the MZ3 or a set of KONIs (they are supposed to be available on the 1st part of March) again for the MZ3. I'm leaning towards the KONIs

Here is the link on a dealer who claims that KONIs for the MZ3 are on the way. http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=39405.0

So Mazda 3 struts are interchangable with the 5. What other suspension components is interchangable?

Cool! Keep us posted and hopefully you can supply before/after pictures as this progresses!

I was wondering about the mounting brackets based on the pics @ Corksport. Bummer, but if the paint does get messed up, why not strip it and have it powdercoated? What's $50 or $60 on top of a grand? Good luck, keep us updated and please post some photos. Happy tuning, gunslinger.
And by the way, what is the strut bar made out of. Looks like square or rectangular tubing, but the pics I've seen are too small to really tell.

Last edited:
Back