2007 Mazda 5?

Matt5

Anyone knows the cycle for the new Mazda model introduction? When would you expect to see the MY07 Mazda 5 coming out?

Thanks!

Matt

Since the MZ5 platform is still pretty new (1 or 2 years old if I recall) I don't really see Mazda doing any major reworking for another year or two. Maybe some fascia or interior updates, but that's probably about it. It'd be cool to see a MazdaSpeed version next year, though. (rockon)

07 Mazda 5

heya

I have not heard anything from the dealer side of things. We are ramping up to receive the new CX7 and I think not far after the CX9.

I am reading of a revamped Tribute also.

Many new things coming our way but just can't wait to see.

It would be nice to see 2007 MY in the fall even without changes. The main reason that most known bugs would be corrected with permanent fix. Also Mazda is known for adding/changing colors quite often. Other reason that production numbers will go up comparable with 2006 MY and dealers won't be able to charge full MSRP or very close anymore.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the info.

I'll most likley be buying a Mazda 5 in April, so I wanted to know if I should hold on for the 2007 model. Are they coming out Late Summer? Late Spring? Anyone knows? I would not want to buy a 2006 a month or two before the 2007 come out.

Thanks

Usually the upcoming model year comes out from some manufacturers as early as mid summer, but usually more towards very late summer or fall.

No need to wait until '07MY unless you're looking for a possibility of new colors or any first year bugs being stamped out. But no, I can't fathom they'd make any changes to the '07 over some VERY minor aesthetic details.

That being said... I'm only planning to buy in September anyways for my own financial reasons, so I'm counting on getting an '07MY for myself

Last edited:
jandree22 said:
...I can't fathom they'd make any changes to the '07 over some VERY minor aesthetic details.

I can. Mazda seems to have a pattern of making changes after the first year on a lot of their cars lately. Off the top of my head I can remember the Protege5 getting new wheels, audio changes, manu-matic automatic transmission and side markers after the first year. The 3 also received new audio options, trim options and now the new five speed automatic after its first year. I haven't paid attention to the 6 or other lines but the same probably holds true for them.

rodslinger said:
I can. Mazda seems to have a pattern of making changes after the first year on a lot of their cars lately. Off the top of my head I can remember the Protege5 getting new wheels, audio changes, manu-matic automatic transmission and side markers after the first year. The 3 also received new audio options, trim options and now the new five speed automatic after its first year. I haven't paid attention to the 6 or other lines but the same probably holds true for them.

^-- wow, my Mazda n00b-ness is shining through! I never realized how much those models changed... I was just going off of generalities from other manufacturers. Wouldn't mind a less extreme design for the taillights, but I'll be happy either way :)

Lots of good info here, thanks. I finally pulled the trigger and we bought a 5 spd Carbon Grey GS with a/c this week. They're hard to come by, so I'll only have it in April. Fine with me, winter should be over by then.

BTW, the 2007 won't be out until October/November according to the dealer.

Matt

Hello All,

Well I got a Platinum Silver Mazda5 Touring AT with everything except Nav on Tuesday. All I can say is whoa. Then again I can say this:

1) It really does start off of the line like a demon (something that really can't be described until you're in one). The psuedo manual shift feature on the AT is surprisingly nice and effective. I've gotta search the threads on this.

2) My 5 year old said this car Rocks...so it has built in kid approval. My three girls have been warring over who gets the back seats so I had to assign permanent seats to everyone so that that dissertation would end. Harpies ( : - ) (boom07)

3) I have had several coworkers say that it is a rocketship. (The looks are killer and of course silver is my favorite color).

4) I'm about 6'3" 1/2 and I find the front seat to be very comfortable. I'm not sure how that would translate if I had another adult my size directly behind me. I'll be taking it on a long trip (900+ miles one way in mid march so we'll see).

5) Gas mileage appears to be working out pretty well for 98% city driving. My last vehicle was a Toyota Camry Wagon and the V6 in that thing was like riding a Triton Rocket. However, I don't have V6 gas money so i'll stick with my 4sili quickstart.

6) The only cons to it are: A) There's not justification for the Karakuri seat not coming on this vehicle. B) Why there's no direct iPod connection that comes standard just boggles the mind. I know there's the aftermarket unit but...Geez.

Last edited:
Zoom5Zoom said:
Congrats Matt

Where did you buy it.......

Guiffre Mazda in Bayridge Brooklyn. High pressure sales tactics but they worked with me. I can say that I didn't feel like giving any hugs when I left (boom07) but the car has been a joy to have so far. (thumb)

Bought it at Performance Mazda in Orleans. Chose convenience over shopping. Did not really get a deal, but hey, it's car salesman. Giving the choice between buying a car and having root canal, I would hesitate.

Anyway, got what I wanted, should fit the bill to carry the family around. I traded a Subaru WRX for it, boy...

Zoom5Zoom where did you get your? Any options/accessories you;d recommend?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt5

Got mine at Performance Mazda.

Great Accessories for the Mazda 5 include:

1) Rear Bumper Step Plate
2) Cargo Mat (separates with split folding rear seats so if one is up other is covered)
3) Soon to come (but availible in the USA) Cargo security cover
4) Roof Rack
5) Trailer Hitch (I didn't tell ya that)

PS say hi next time I am one of those salesmen....

Thanks for the suggestion.

Don't worry, my remark was not directed at any particular salesman. It's pretty tough these days to get a decent deal. Used to be easier I think.

M

Matt5 said:
Lots of good info here, thanks. I finally pulled the trigger and we bought a 5 spd Carbon Grey GS with a/c this week.

Matt

Whoo hoo! Way to go! Chalk up another devotee! (thumb)

2007 Mazda 5 (Premacy)

I am interested in an Mazda5, but I want more before I take the plunge. I am looking for leather interior, and I would like a turbo on it just like they are planning for the Mazda3Speed model next year. The 4-banger with a turbo will 274hp. That is what I'm talking about. Also, there is talk of a special edition model in Japan this year. So, I am holding out for the 2007 model.

Check out the articles below:

www.insideline.com
What Edmunds.com Says:The 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 won't be the most powerful car in its class, but it could be the most fun to drive.

What We Know: The 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 or Mazda 3 MPS, as it's called in Europe shares one key ingredient with its larger performance-oriented sibling, the Mazdaspeed 6. That's the turbocharged direct-injection, 2.3-liter, four-cylinder engine that delivers a whopping 274 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. Insiders say that from its position shoehorned into the engine compartment of the smaller, lighter Mazda 3, the power plant should propel the Mazdaspeed 3 in true pocket-rocket fashion, with projected 0-to-60-mph acceleration in the low sixes. Unlike the all-wheel-drive Mazdaspeed 6, the smaller car will retain its front-drive layout. The Mazdaspeed 3 also should get the same sheet metal and interior updates as the rest of the Mazda 3 line when it arrives at U.S. dealers later this year as an '07 model. Anticipated price tag: Well under $25,000

www.moldova.org
2007 Mazda 5 (Premacy) Bright Stylish Special Edition: New Styling Flair for the Award Winning MPV

Special aeroparts and sports muffler
Mazda Motor Corporation has announced the sales of the chic and sporty "Bright Stylish" Special Edition 5 (Premacy) compact minivan that features exclusive aeroparts and a sports muffler. Sales of the Bright Stylish begin on January 26, 2006, at Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealers throughout Japan.
In advance of the sales launch, the Bright Stylish will be exhibited at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2006, being held from January 13, 2006, at the Makuhari Messe Convention Center in Chiba Prefecture, Japan.

The Bright Stylish model is the commercial version of the 'Bright Stylish Concept,' a customized reference exhibit at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2005 that received a favorable reaction from the public. Based on the Premacy 20S grade, this latest version features extensive use of chrome parts in the front aero bumper and grille. With an eye-catching design, it emphasizes the sportiness of the original Premacy through the addition of a rear air dam skirt, along with an original 'sports sound' muffler, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob.

Main features of 'Bright Stylish' Special Edition 5 / Premacy

Base model
Premacy 20S (the front-wheel-drive model with the four-speed 'Activematic' automatic transmission or the four-wheel-drive with the four-speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission, both powered with the 2.0-liter MZR engine).

Special Equipment
Exclusive front aero bumper and grille, and front fog lights

Clear headlight bezels

Exclusive clear taillight bezels

Exclusive rear air dam skirt

17-inch aluminum wheels and tires (for the front-wheel-drive model), 16-inch aluminum wheels and tires (for the four-wheel-drive model)

Exclusive and original 'sports sound' muffler (for the front-wheel-drive model)

Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob

Audioless' audio specifications (a center panel with free space for an audio system, i.e. without a factory or dealer-installed audio system) but with four speakers as standard equipment.

Body Colors
Two colors are available: Snowflake White Peal Mica (a special paint color) and Brilliant Black.

Options
Factory installed options
The highly popular power dual sliding doors are available for this special edition model.

Dealer installed options
Other optional items that further enhance the Bright Stylish model's chic and sporty qualities are as follows

The highly popular power dual sliding doors are available for this special edition model.

Other optional items that further enhance the Bright Stylish model's chic and sporty qualities are as follows:

Mazdaspeed sports spring suspensions (only on the front-wheel-drive model)

Chrome garnish on the door mirrors

Chrome finish on the outer door handles

Rear liftgate garnish

Aluminum-plated acceleration and brake pedals

Front and rear scuff plates

Back