Heated Mirrors - Operation

SVOGT

:
'87 Mustang GT - '98.5 E1 CSVT - '06 MS6 -'12 Boss 302
My MS6 GT supposedly has heated mirrors but I see no evidence that they work. Granted it has not been too cold here lately but my heated backlite works fine...
Can anyone comment on the mirrors? Do they have 'lines' like the rear window?

I think that they are automatic when you turn on the defrost function on the windshield. I have had intermittent cold weather here with abundant amounts of frozen rain and ice. While I have had to scrape the windshield several times, I have never had to clean the mirrors. They always seem to clean themselves once the car is running. Furthermore, this evening when I drove into a heated underground parking garage, the windshield and mirrors momentarily started to fog up. As soon as I hit defrost, the windshield and mirrors cleared up right away.

R

The side mirrors defrost when the rear window defroster is active. Refer to pages 3-56 and 5-40 of your owner's manual for more detail.

Last edited:
eE jeremy said:
um, wait for your mirrors to frost over, then flip the switch?
Rainman said:
I think that they are automatic when you turn on the defrost function on the windshield. I have had intermittent cold weather here with abundant amounts of frozen rain and ice. While I have had to scrape the windshield several times, I have never had to clean the mirrors. They always seem to clean themselves once the car is running. Furthermore, this evening when I drove into a heated underground parking garage, the windshield and mirrors momentarily started to fog up. As soon as I hit defrost, the windshield and mirrors cleared up right away.
R
H2M said:
I second that. Its pretty instant too.
XPLORx4 said:
The side mirrors defrost when the rear window defroster is active. Refer to pages 3-56 and 5-40 of your owner's manual for more detail.
1killercls said:
My Acura has them...on for one minute and its dry
Thanks for all your comments....
I did read the manual & know how they are 'supposed' to work but I have not seen any evidence that they 'do' work. I'll just wait for the next cold morning & test them out again.

Last edited:
Back