Does anyone have SIRIUS installed?

Well, just checking out MazdaUSA.com... looks like it should only run you $430, MSRP. Of course you can go aftermarket for way cheaper, but this time around I'm going for completely OEM. I'm getting it for sure when I buy my 5. I've had SIRIUS since 2002 right around when they first went live and never regretted it for a second. It's only $13/mo. but I'd gladly pay twice that if I had to.

Why do you say XM is "much" better than Sirius? Both have their own pros and cons but I personally would never say Sirius is MUCH better than XM or vise versa. You talk like Sirius at one point played commericals in their music or something... or wait, maybe that was XM (shady)

lol but seriously, not to get in a whole thing over it, but I wouldn't say one is superior to the other... it's like comparing cable tv to satellite tv, yeah, you can nit-pick all day between the two, but in the end both are LIGHT YEARS better than picking it up over an antenna (thumb)

Last edited:
My wife likes SIRIUS and we are getting ours free from the dealer since they scratched the hood of the 3 upon delivery removing that protective film. Not to mention they replaced the hood as well.

I got my sirius today (actually took two days because they forgot to order the "install kit") and having used sirius portable units for the last couple years, I will say that the interface will take some getting used to, but it is wonderful to have the SAT button actually do something. I also got the tape mod so I can plug in my iPod without using the low quality FM transmitters.

I was getting used to my 5, but now that I have all my music options, it really feels like home :)

Install of Sirius

How does the antenna connect up? Can you use a the antenna cable going to the back of the 5.

EFDisaster said:
I got my sirius today (actually took two days because they forgot to order the "install kit") and having used sirius portable units for the last couple years, I will say that the interface will take some getting used to, but it is wonderful to have the SAT button actually do something. I also got the tape mod so I can plug in my iPod without using the low quality FM transmitters.

I was getting used to my 5, but now that I have all my music options, it really feels like home :)

Mazda5rocks said:
How does the antenna connect up? Can you use a the antenna cable going to the back of the 5.

I believe, just like a plug 'n play sirius radios, which I had in my old car, the installer ran a seperate antenna wire from the box out the back of the hatch and onto the roof. I can take pictures later. Like I said, mine was in for two days and I had to get some stuff out of it the first night, and he definitely still had one of the back panels off.

I just took some pics... there are three
http://efdisaster.com/v/notme/misc/P3090047.JPG.html
http://efdisaster.com/v/notme/misc/P3090048.JPG.html
http://efdisaster.com/v/notme/misc/P3090049.JPG.html

Last edited:
JAVI said:
My wife likes SIRIUS and we are getting ours free from the dealer since they scratched the hood of the 3 upon delivery removing that protective film. Not to mention they replaced the hood as well.

JAVI: Did you find out the scratch later or before you purchased it?

Sirius

Beginning today and running until the end of May all Canadian Mazdas will be equipped with SIRIUS, including a one-year subscription, at no charge. But no, this is not the built-in system available in the U.S., just one of the dash-mount units. Still, this should be a scale-tipping incentive.

Back