Seatbelt Minder Deactivation

JAVI

:
2006 5 Touring/Navi - 2006 3 sTouring 5dr
That terribly annoying beeping keeps going even if the car is not in motion. Owner's manual states that the dealer can activate and deactivate the Belt Minder, but my dealer is playing dumb. Anyone figure it out yet? Deactivated, the system will just beep for 6 seconds ONCE and that's it.

JAVI said:
That terribly annoying beeping keeps going even if the car is not in motion. Owner's manual states that the dealer can activate and deactivate the Belt Minder, but my dealer is playing dumb. Anyone figure it out yet? Deactivated, the system will just beep for 6 seconds ONCE and that's it.

Bulletin No: 08-007/05

If you are talking about the passenger side... Show the above bulletin to your dealer. (poke)
If you are talking about the driver's side, I dunno.

Last edited:
wear your seat belt. seems like an awful lot of effort to avoid putting on something that will save your life.

theweev said:
wear your seat belt. seems like an awful lot of effort to avoid putting on something that will save your life.
The passenger seatbelt minder is set off by almost anything on the seat, like say a gym bag or backpack... Unfortunately the seatbelt is not designed to save a gym bags life. (cheers)
(Everyone in my car is required to wear a seatbelt and the minder is activated...)

my appologies. That would see me off to the dealer in a hurry. I'll get them to deactivate it upon delivery. thanks for the heads up.

theweev said:

I always wear my seatbelt and so do my three kids. But like was said above the passenger side goes off even with my wife's makeup bag on the seat and it goes off when the car's not even in motion. Like when you're parked entering a destination into the Navi. How about when you want to take a nap in the car and have to cool or heat the car. I'ts maddening. Anyways the dealer deactivated both sides today and threw in a $10 oil change. I'm happy now.

Back