Debadging the 5 -

JAVI

:
2006 5 Touring/Navi - 2006 3 sTouring 5dr
Ok, so I have too much time on my hands and was wondering what the hatch would look like without the MAZDA or the 5 on it. Longtime Mazda owners (I am not) probably are well aware of the fact that these badges are not just stuck on with high adhesive two-sided tape. There are also guide pins on the back of the MAZDA that fit into small holes on the body. How clever! I didn't take off the 5 because I was afraid of what I'd find. Probably two more holes behind it. So I'm on my way to the dealer to order a new MAZDA badge or get a quote from the body shop for an emblem shave...

I did the same thing. Pulled off the Mazda emblem and was very disappointed in finding the holes. Didn't try the 5 either. 1 emblem to replace is enough.

I am going to guess that the 5 does not have a hole behind it. The Mazda Premacy just has a MAZDA on one side and PREMACY on the other. I am guessing Mazda just stuck the 5 on there.

Good observation. Who'se going to be the first to yank that 5. Please post the results here.

RODSCALIP5 said:
I am going to guess that the 5 does not have a hole behind it. The Mazda Premacy just has a MAZDA on one side and PREMACY on the other. I am guessing Mazda just stuck the 5 on there.

You are correct sir!

Attachments

• smallno5_fix.jpg
    smallno5_fix.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 291
  • smno5_holes.JPG
    smno5_holes.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 285
Back