Cargo Volume Specification

livelyjay

:
2014 Focus ST
Cargo Volume Specification?

I was looking into the Mazda5 for my wife since we'll be in the family vehicle market in the near future. My concern is that the Mazda5 has a cargo volume of about 44.4 cubic ft. Now, is this with the third row seating up, or folded down? I could see the cargo volume being twice that with the third row folded. Does anyone know for sure?

Last edited:
I'm going to guess that the 44 cu. ft. figure is with the third row folded. With those seats up, you'll have room for a few bags of groceries, but that's about it.

I am guessing that measurement is with the seats down... the 5 is great but you always have to choose:

you can carry 6 people + no stuff
or
you can carry 4 people + tons-o-stuff

For a family of 4 with the occaisonal extra passengers it makes a great hauler, but try picking up 5 people & luggage at the airport, it will look kind of like a clown car.

we LOVE it - this was the only vehicle on the market that we could buy that fits up to 6 but still fits into our underground parking spot.

volume

Heya

Don't forget with 6 Passengers there is plenty of room on the roof.....

Cheers
Zoom5Zoom
(cheers)

Yeah, but you need the roof rack so you can strap some seats to it.

I figure the 44 cubic feet is with the seats folded as well. I'm not sure that will be enough room for camping gear plus dog. I'll have to take a trip down to the dealer and check one out up close. If it's not big enough, we'll have to go with an MPV or other comparable not-so-mini-van.

A solution

here you go - the terapin from Thule, it is a hitch-mount cargo box. Basically looks like a big plastic growth on the back of your car. Saw one drive by me today!

Attachments

• terrapin.jpg
    terrapin.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 156
  • prodimg6.jpg
    prodimg6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 174
pbdave said:
here you go - the terapin from Thule, it is a hitch-mount cargo box. Basically looks like a big plastic growth on the back of your car. Saw one drive by me today!
that's got to mess up the handling on a front wheel drive car. :0

Back