Oil Change

Tushawn

:
2006 Mazda 5 Sport
Has anyone had there oil changed yet? If I understand the maintenance schedule I think the first oil change is not until 7000mi. I only have about 4000mi, but figured I would swing by the local Jiffy lube and they don't have a filter for her. Any input on this one?

Tushawn said:
Has anyone had there oil changed yet? If I understand the maintenance schedule I think the first oil change is not until 7000mi. I only have about 4000mi, but figured I would swing by the local Jiffy lube and they don't have a filter for her. Any input on this one?

Get your oil changes at the dealer or do them yourself. It's about the same price as Jiffy Lube.

I have many stories about Jiffy Lube, but have yet to hear a good one.

A couple have even happened to me! (boom07)

You can usually print out coupons for your dealer from the mazda website.

I will stick with the dealer, at least until warranty is up.

Good Luck

Mazdadude

Heya

Well nothing like going back to the original dealer for the first oil change. Gives you a chance to hear if any computer updates or other small issues are needed for your new car.

In canada its 4 months or 8000 km for the first change. That could be 5000 mi in your case seems long overdue.

Enjoy and if you need to on your first visit to the dealer buy about 4 other filters for those times you do go to jiffy.

Cheers
Zoom5Zoom (cheers)

Back