235/40/18 tires on MS6?

ferdinand

I have a set of 235/40/18 tires left over from my last car. Any chance of them fitting w/out rubbing? I know I'll need an 8 inch wide wheel and fitment will depend on offset. Just wondering if any members are running this specific size w/out rubbing and what wheels they are mounted to w/ offset info. Thanks in Advance.

ferdinand said:
Anyone know the weight of the RX8 wheels?

Approx 23-24 lbs... no worse than the stock MS6 wheels, but an inch wider.

Be prepared to roll the fenders in order to get those bad boys to fit without rubbing.

azms6 said:

Be prepared to roll the fenders in order to get those bad boys to fit without rubbing.
Thanks for the info, I was hoping they were lighter. I also have a set of 18X8 Kosei K1 TSs sitting around, but the offset is 35 - no way they are going to fit.

azms6 said:

I've read mixed on the rolling fenders for stock RX-8 wheels. I would to be safe than sorry, but on stock suspension, is it needed?

Upsizing wheels

Not sure if this will help anyone but here it goes......I've switched the rims and tires on my 6s to some 18x7.5 Montegi FF7 racing wheels. I originally went with a set of Enkies but the rubbed like you wouldn't believe if there was anyone other than me in the car. I took them back to Les Schwabb and they swapped them out with the wheels I currently have; they were the same size but they were offset a little different so we figured we'd give them a try. I originally had a set of 225/40/18s and had to downsize to 215/40/18s in order to get them to fit without rubbing. I ran with Toyo Proxys Z rated tires; the tread is unidirectional which kinda blows for rotations but even with the smaller 215s I have to really work at popping the clutch to get them to break loose (even in the rain). My car is black and the rims I have are a high gloss black with polished chrome ring around the outside; they look great. Anyway, if anyone is looking to upgrade your wheel size I hope this helps!

Back