Flat!

miatafied

Contributor
:
Mazda5/kidhauler - Miata/fun car
Dang! Sister was driving us and we hit a major pot hole - the Tire Pressure light went on and we pulled over....Flat!

Anyone here opt for the extra wheel coverage? I'm wondering if I can add that coverage on after I get this one fixed.

One good thing - I was on the fence about putting winter tires on and I had a set on reserve at a local place - so now those will go on and in the spring I'll think about a summer set.

Oh, well - these low profiles tires are prone to these kind of things I guess.

Bummer!

Sorry to hear that.

Was it just the tire or was the wheel damaged too?

The night before Thanksgiving I hit pot hole on the dreaded Long Island expressway and took out BOTH driver's side tires. That was a very expensive hole. I could not find anyone with the factory Toyos so we ended up with Continentals. With the profile on these tires there isn't much between the tread and the rim. Driver's in the Northeast definitely need to take extra caution! I feel your pain.

Tire Warrenty

Heya

In canada (ottawa) we can get extra warrenty coverage on our tire and rims (even any tire on the car including winters). It is called Tire X and has to be purchased at delivery. Otherwise your stuck with the repair costs if it is not a manufacture defect which caused the failure.

Cheers
Zoom5Zoom (cheers)

Yes,
I do recall being offered something similar, but judging from my past 20 years of driving I thought flats were not that common. Low profiles are completely different though.

Yeah, didn't think it was necessary either - but the size of the potholes around here lately!!!! My salesguy said that it could be bought after delivery also - but the guy that takes care of that in finance wasn't in today....

I bought it at Crystal (in Greenbrook) because my brother was working there at the time - but I usually take it to Grecco because they're the closest.

Does anyone have the road hazard coverage?

Back