MS6 Fuel question

What does the manual specifically state for fuel requirements? 91, 93, 94?

Or does it just say supreme?

I ask because 93 is very hard to find around here which would be a major problem.

Newf said:

I ask because 93 is very hard to find around here which would be a major problem.
It says 93 (or higher) for maximum performance, if 93 is not available, 91 or 92 can be used (also says if you can't get 91 or 92, you can use 87 or 89). It also notes that if you use lower than 93, you may experience decreased performance.

Newf said:

Mazda specifies "premium" fuel, which is 95, for Australian Mazda6 MPS. 98 is available but not widely.

Cheers

from what I understand, the ECU pulls timing accordingly for decreased octane levels. so you CAN use lower octane fuel, but the car will NOT behave the same with the lower octane fuel in the tank.

R

Last edited:
mpg may also take a hit from lower octane ratings

Newf,

The Canadian manual states to use 93 for maxium performance, but that 91 is exceptable.

Newf said:
thanks man.

I went to the dealer yesterday and asked this and they didn't have a clue.

Apparently they were also to lazy to go into the file of the one they have and get out the owners manual? :rolleyes:

TassieMPS said:
Mazda specifies "premium" fuel, which is 95, for Australian Mazda6 MPS. 98 is available but not widely.

Cheers
I think Australian and US octane rating systems are different, aren't they. Something about RON or MON or whatever. Probably the same as most of europe.

Yep the method of octane rating system changes once you leave the U.S. Remember the whole standard v.s metric battles ;)

Back