Driving on the Highway.

:
10 MS3
My wife complained today that the 5 was moving a little bit too much on the highway, after reading some reviews online, some stated that the 5 gives a little bit "too much feedback" on the highway. Has anyone else experienced that? For me it's a good thing she said that, now I can convince her that we need better tires and possibly new wheels, maybe a lowering with new sway bars :D

What did the reviewers mean by "too much feedback"? I've found the tires to be pretty loud and pavement joints, bumps, etc. certainly come through louder and clearer than my last car (Focus ZTS w/ 205/50-16s), but they're OE and they're 17s. To be expected, I suppose. I think a tire upgrade would certainly help, however.

I wonder if she means the steering is too sensitive?

I have noticed that you don't have to move the steering wheel much to change lanes or make a turn.

I have noticed that I then to turn sharper than expected because the steering is so sensitive verus my daily driver (00 CRV).

Hey, ROD, they're not resurfacing the roads that your wife is driving on are they? That, as well as the simple fact that the tires are pretty low-profile can lead to some tramlining, which I have noticed mine doing. The 5 seems to be set up on the "tight" side suspension-wise and I think that just amplifies the poor qualities of the factory rubber. But, hey, if you can get some mods out of the deal, then good on ya!

Latest posts

Back