Mazda5 Sightings...

Wuster

:
Whitewater Pearl Mazda5 Touring
So we've owned our Mazda5 for over a month now, and I finally saw, not just one, but two Mazda5's on the road this weekend in Leesburg, VA.

On Saturday, I saw a strato blue Mazda5 heading North on Rt 15 and then on Sunday I saw a stellar greensilver Mazda5 heading down Sycolin.

Leesburg is not a big town, so I was surprised to see two other Mazda5 running around town. But good to know that others have figured what a cool car it is. :)

Finally saw ONE other - a greensilver a couple weeks ago in the parking lot near my drycleaners. Then, I was at the dealership getting an oil change on Friday and there was a greensilver there too. Talked to the owner and found out that it was one and the same!! This one was owned by a grandma and she was talking about it to everyone that she bumped into!!! (Hence, it was easy to track down its owner)

I saw 2 in as many minutes just a few days before I got mine. First was a black one turning left down the street I was on, then a greensilver one parked just a few blocks down the road. Hadn't seen any before and I haven't seen any since. Here's hoping though...

So far I've seen 3 in Omaha.
They were all parked. One was at Hooters, one was at a house (in Bellevue just off 36th & Harrison), and one was at an apartment complex (the Stockyard Exchange Building).

I haven't seen any driving around yet

I haven't seen one on this side of town (Folsom). Pretty nice to be the only one with the 5 around here. You get a lot of looks and questions like "what kinda car is that? Is that a van?".

We are the only one in our area. We bought it from Austin, and our local dealership cant get the recall fixed on theirs. They have one on the lot thats been fixed, and it isnt moving.

Man, I really hope the recall and the lack of promotion from Mazda haven't conspired to make the 5 a real sales flop. I want to be seeing a lot more of them on the road!

I think some of it has to do with supply.

When we went to buy our Mazda5 around Thanksgiving, there were only four touring in the western Washington, DC area with Navi amongst six dealerships.

I'm not sure how many new Mazda5's have made it from Japan since the recall was completed.

Besides, I've beening hearing people recommending them. This past weekend on NPR, Click & Clack recommend the Mazda5 to a lady looking to buy a wagon to haul her harp.

So, it's getting some free postive exposure.

:)

Last edited:
bought ours nov 23rd live in eastern part of ohio have not seen one !! yet we went on vacation right after christmas to wisconsin 10 hour trip tought i would at least get to give a thumbs up to a brother 5 owner not one drove around Madison big city not one in sight even on the way home you would think we own the only one on the east coast ! lol

I have seen a couple around, not very many. Apparently they are all on order up here in Vancouver, if you want one you have to get on the list. When they arrive, they are immediately sold.

5 5s

Also in Vancouver, however in downtown area, I see the same 5 Mazda5s around regularly.

1 silver no tint
1 silver with tint
1 black with company graphics
1 green
1 blue

That plus ours makes six. Still don't think I have seen yours around Perfecto! The dealership we had orginally been waiting on phoned and I guess the are finally trickling in to the dealerships here, so there are more on the road every day.

the_saint said:
This is yours isn't it Perfecto?
Flickr
I bookmarked this a long time ago and I've forgotten who it belongs to.
whoever it belongs to...good to see the Toyos. i run them on my jetta. good wet weather tire w/ decent turn in and grip.

It has been a little over a month now since i got my 5 and I finally spotted one on the road. A silver one, It was actually nice to see one rollin' down the road. now i know how mine looks like from someone else's view. I'm surprised by the low turnout of the 5 here in northern cali... i drive back and forth from folsom to sacramento a lot and this was the first time i've seen one.

I've had my eyes peeled and until today the last one I had seen here in Van was Dec15th,2005 :O. then today i see one on the highway, mabey platinum silver metalic. Then not 1km later a few blocks from home a Carbon mica grey one. damn fine looking rides.

I saw a greensilver touring at the Gaithersburg Great Beginning's store. I was so surprised, that I didn't even get a change to wave hello. Oops...:)

Back