removing cd changer

louisft5

Anybody have a step by step giude on removing the cd changer from a mazda6 dash? I'm worried about breaking clips.

heh.. its not the clips you should be particularly worried about, its what the 6 guys have deemed "hidden bolt destruction." I removed my headunit and broke the circuit board (as many 6 owners have) trying to install SIRIUS. Removing the dash is a PITA, but it can be done. There are articles out there on the 'net, but there isn't one at this site.

yet... :) basic thing is pulling cupholders and then unscrweing the shift knob. If atx put in drive(car off and key @ acc) and lift the center console. Then remove the 2 philips screws on the bottom of the radio. open glovebox and wit an extenton socket remove the bolt (10MMIIRC) and never re install it. then take flathead and ever so gently around the sides release the tabs to pull radio out. then disconect everything and you have acces to the radio. Beleve after purchasingthe changer it came with instructions on how to remove the factory one and cd face plate.

Last edited:
Back