K&N Filter for the Mazdaspeed 6

ATE BALLER

:
MAZDASPEED 6
I dropped a K&N in the air box and it seems to be just fine. K&N hasn't made the model specific filter yet, but I sized one up and it fits perfect. It's filter #33-2145-1. I also modified the air dam and innercooler shroud a little to protect the innercooler. I noticed the innercooler was getting some damaged due to the gapping wide stock thick, plastic mesh. I cut out that mesh, then took some thinner, smaller aluminum mesh and wraped the air inlets of the air dam to keep the rocks, leaves, bugs, ect away from the innercooler. I'm lookin' for a set of hard pipes to redo the plumbing, but I havn't had any luck.

ATE BALLER said:
I dropped a K&N in the air box and it seems to be just fine. K&N hasn't made the model specific filter yet, but I sized one up and it fits perfect. It's filter #33-2145-1. I also modified the air dam and innercooler shroud a little to protect the innercooler. I noticed the innercooler was getting some damaged due to the gapping wide stock thick, plastic mesh. I cut out that mesh, then took some thinner, smaller aluminum mesh and wraped the air inlets of the air dam to keep the rocks, leaves, bugs, ect away from the innercooler. I'm lookin' for a set of hard pipes to redo the plumbing, but I havn't had any luck.

nice, i saw you post this on another thread but didn't wanna hijack the ms6 problems thread. that's def an interesting touch on the tmic. any pics of it?

??

#33-2145-1 is a Toyota filter....
33-2145-1
Someone else posted the correct# to be 33-2279 ???
33-2279

Where they are close, they are different in size.

SVOGT said:
#33-2145-1 is a Toyota filter....
33-2145-1
Someone else posted the correct# to be 33-2279 ???
33-2279

Where they are close, they are different in size.

I purchased the #33-2145-1 filter and it's REALLY tight. I'm also gonna try the 33-2279 one and see if it fits better.

Here's a picture of the K&N #33-2145-1 in the air box. As you can see the center of the filter is a little scrunched.

DCP_0096.JPG

Last edited:
nice, hopefully the other filter size won't be as tight.

but what i meant to say was i was lookin for pics of the custom tmic mesh job (burnout)

No camera yet, but coming soon. My b-days in a couple days and my g-ma is always good for about $500. My filter fits fine, it's not all twisted like that at all.

Back