Battery Saver Feature?

Wuster

:
Whitewater Pearl Mazda5 Touring
So, I did a really boneheaded thing this past weekend.

We got home after a long day of shopping and pulled the Mazda5 into the garage. I took my sleeping son in and totally forgot to close the rear passenger door.

So I go into the garage the next morning to grab something and found car sitting there with the door wide open. I thought for sure the battery ran down and I would have to jump it. But the car started on the very first try.

So does the Mazda5 come with a battery saver feature or did I just get really lucky?

I think 2003+ Mazdas come with battery saver feature that turns the interior light off if you left a door open for more than 45 mins, and the headlights for more than 15 secs after the ignition has been turned off

funny you should mention this we visited relatives out of town like 10 hours out of town and found out after relative went out and came back in that the little one thats 5 left his right rear door open went out same way thought it may be dead the light was out, so instantly thought it was dead but fired right up pretty cool if this indeed a feature aweosme comes in handy with little one for sure

Yes, I recall the manual stating 30 min after door left open. (thumb)

Nice indeed!

Mazdadude

mazdadude said:
Yes, I recall the manual stating 30 min after door left open. (thumb)

Nice indeed!

Mazdadude

well, im my mom's tribute manual it says 45 mins, but in the mazda5 it is 30 mins (thumb)

solid_snake said:
....and the headlights for more than 15 secs after the ignition has been turned off
You sure about that? I've been wanting to try but keep forgetting.

Wuster said:
So does the Mazda5 come with a battery saver feature or did I just get really lucky?
haha, forget lucky... if those lights were on in this ridiculous cold, that battery would've been dead as a door knob! Battery saver to the rescue!(first)

Shoot, even without leaving anything on the battery is so cold in the morning it barely turns the 5 over.
And it tests fine!
306CCA is WAY TOO LOW I think for anything except maybe a Miata.

yup... that's classic mazda USA s*** to ya... they put in the smaller battery for all US spec cars when there ARE people in the US who live in places that are practically as cold as canada... so the canadians get the cars with the winter package (bigger battery, bigger heater core) but we can't even opt for it!

I tried to get this option to be available before but apparently they just didn't see a reason or feasability of it

The funny thing is, the REPLACEMENT battery (which will be going in soon) rates for 550CCA.

Gotta love it.

monsta said:
You sure about that? I've been wanting to try but keep forgetting.
well in my mom's tribute the headlights turn off 15 seconds after the the ignition is switched off, it may vary depending on your car model i think

Back