? how much gas left after light comes on?

was wondering about this ? we recently ran reallllll low forgetting to put gas in car needle was right in the middle of the E white line light had come on for awhile was worried we may run out ecs. on Christmas eve and creeped up to station, the next morning and filled it up here i had almost 2 whole gallon left! took 13.4 gallons to fill and remeber this thing has a 15.9 gallon tank. Does this sound right? was wondering because we were trying to get a good gauge on fuel mileage and here theres like 2 gallons left when light comes on, just wanted to share this curious to if anyone else ran across this yet take care

Attachments

• FIRST WASH!!!!!! 013.jpg
    FIRST WASH!!!!!! 013.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 225
  • FIRST WASH!!!!!! 010.jpg
    FIRST WASH!!!!!! 010.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
The first week I had it I was trying to see what its range was on a tank of gas. That light came on and I pulled into the next station. I had 3 gallons left as well. The only thing I could guess at is the 5 has an internal fuel pump that needs fuel to stay cool. So they make the fuel light come on sooner than most to help protect stupid people from fuel pump failure?... maybe.

Per my calculations

2.5 gal in reserve

& unless your really conscious/determined the tank will max out at ~ 15.5 gal of fuel (but it will hold ~ 17.5 gal)

Back