Factory stereo in 04' mazda 6 wagon?

How can I tell what the factory stereo is in my new (to me) 04 wagon. It has a single CD player with knockout for a cassette or mini-disc that is blanked off. It is pretty basic as far the option packages go. I don't have any of the original paperwork that came with it so I haven't figured out what packages (if any) it had. I have ordered an owners manual for 04' Mazda6 on eBay, but I wonder if there are different manuals for the three different models. My wagon is steel grey metallic with an automatic. There is no spoiler (though the dealers add said there was), no moon roof, fog lights, cd changer, the seats are cloth, so I case it is a pretty basic Mazda 6 wagon, though I have to say that the standard equipment package on these things doesn't lack for much! I am trying to figure out how to interface my ipod without using an FM transmitter, I have some leads, but nothing conclusive as yet... any help would be appreciated, and eventually as I learn my way around this car, reciprocated... Thanks

Have you tried taking it to a dealer? They should be able to pull your vin and find out for sure.

Sounds basic to me. When I had my car ran it came up with all options correct except the tranny. My 03 6i was listed with a 5 speed tranny. If you want the md/tape, MP3/In Dash CD Changer, lower fogs. you still can have it added (Accessory catalog) but for a cost. Moonroof won't be done by most dealerships for structural integrity reasons.

Back