Lazy Clutch

Mr Bear

:
Mazda 6
I have a Mazda6 with a manual 5 speed.

I think I have a lazy clutch. For the first 20 - 30 minutes of driving, I get an anoying shudder when letting out the clutch and its difficult to get smooth shift syncronization. It is almost as if the clutch doesn't want to get up in the morning because after about a half hour, the problem disappears for the rest of the day.

I have had this problem since I bought the car new. The service technician at the dealer can only tell me the clutch is in spec.

Anyone else experiece this problem or have any ideas?

I have been driving manual transmission cars for over 35 years and have never experienced this situation before.

Thanks

Upon furthur research, it appears Mazda came out with a Service Bulletin on exactly this problem they refer to it as "Clutch Judder" which applies to 2003 - 2005 Mazda6 vehicles with manual transmissions. (Bulletin no. 05-003/05 last issued 05/14/05)

That is 100% correct. I just ignored it because it went away when the car warmed up. It is a pain for 4 minutes but then I don't hear from it.

I have PMed you my story. I make it a mission of mine to warn people about them. They are dishonest crooks and should be run out of town.

seanmcsean said:
I have PMed you my story. I make it a mission of mine to warn people about them. They are dishonest crooks and should be run out of town.

can you PM it to me.....some thing to read! i had a terrible chatter problem with my protege sedan.

-R

Back