18's

pbdave

:
Mazda 5 GT Black
Anyone have a Mazda5 with, or seen pics of one on 18's yet? I have been looking and have not come across any shots yet...

Let me dip into my bag of tricks...

WORK TERMIST TS-1 MONO 18inch offset+47
225/40ZR18
normal_p2.jpg

normal_p1.jpg

WORK LS305MONO 18-7.5JJ+48
225/40/18
normal_b4.jpg

normal_b2.jpg

RX8 factory 18s 18x8 +50
normal_5rx8.jpg

normal_5rx82.jpg

Enkei RP-F1 18x7.5+48
225/40-18
normal_2%7E0.jpg

somewhat related...has anyone disabled their TPMS system after installing a set of afternmarket rims? I have ordered a set of 19" WORK XSA 02C rims that are on the slow boat from Japan and I don't want to swap or buy another set of valve stem sensors. I realize the owner's manual say's it can be done but has anyone really done it yet? (boom07)

Last edited:
Anyone know if putting 19s -> possibly 20s would throw the ABS or force distribution system off? Chevy has a TSB out right now for trucks running anything higher than an 18 inch rim. Yes I know this thing has nothing in common with a chevy but it made me think when I saw it.

--The 19's are on, I went with a set of Work XSA 02C in silver w/polished lip.

--The ride height/fender clearance is similar to one of the above pics; the white 5 with the 18" RX8 rims.

--At home I applied Wheel Wax to all surface that would be expose before having the shop mount the tires.

--I deleted the TPMS valve stem sensors, (no dash light, no buzzer, no problems).

--Immediately I noticed more feedback/vibration thru the steering wheel and a slight increase in road noise (maybe because tires are new). The steering response is immediate and precise, IMO it's better that the factory setup, however my wife don't like it she says the car is "too darty". **I would recommend staying with a 17" setup if you live in an area with bad roads, 19's and up are pothole magnets!

--Brake pedal effort has increased slightly due to a two pound increase at each corner, but since the 5 already has superb brakes I suspect I won't even notice the difference in a few days.
Factory 17" = ~44 lbs
Work 19" = ~46 lbs

--IMO a 7" or 7.5" width rim will fit best. Use care if choosing a 8" with a high offset, (unless you like the front wheels sticking out past the fender.

WhitewaterPearl said:
--The 19's are on, I went with a set of Work XSA 02C in silver w/polished lip.

--The ride height/fender clearance is similar to one of the above pics; the white 5 with the 18" RX8 rims.

--At home I applied Wheel Wax to all surface that would be expose before having the shop mount the tires.

--I deleted the TPMS valve stem sensors, (no dash light, no buzzer, no problems).

--Immediately I noticed more feedback/vibration thru the steering wheel and a slight increase in road noise (maybe because tires are new). The steering response is immediate and precise, IMO it's better that the factory setup, however my wife don't like it she says the car is "too darty". **I would recommend staying with a 17" setup if you live in an area with bad roads, 19's and up are pothole magnets!

--Brake pedal effort has increased slightly due to a two pound increase at each corner, but since the 5 already has superb brakes I suspect I won't even notice the difference in a few days.
Factory 17" = ~44 lbs
Work 19" = ~46 lbs

--IMO a 7" or 7.5" width rim will fit best. Use care if choosing a 8" with a high offset, (unless you like the front wheels sticking out past the fender.

Pics?

What's the offset of your 19's? What size are your tires too? sorry if I missed that some where in the post. Can't wait to see some pics... I'm curious of how the 19s look without a drop. I have a set of racing harts waiting to put them on, but I fear that the wheel gap will be hideous

Thanks Wil

Sorry, no pics; no camera.
225/35/19 Falken ST115 tires.
Offset is 47.
The gap looks fine, tire diameter is same as oe, IMO it looks the same. I even like the gap with the oe 17".

WhitewaterPearl said:
Sorry, no pics; no camera.
225/35/19 Falken ST115 tires.
Offset is 47.
The gap looks fine, tire diameter is same as oe, IMO it looks the same. I even like the gap with the oe 17".

Post a pic of the wheels you chose.

I want to see pics on the car...preferably one of those shots looking down the side, so I can see how the offset is working....like so (if you could)
wheelprofile.jpg

thanks

Back