Will there be a Grand Touring Mazda5?

mazdadude

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOM
:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hello fellow zoomers!

Upon reading the 2006 MAZDA5 Owners Manual, I came away with a few thoughts.

There are some options listed in the manual that are not in the US spec Mazda5.

Auto Rain Sensing Wipers
Variable Intermittent Wipers
Auto Head Lights
TPMS (although this appears to come on US models with NAV)
Trip Computer

There might be others but that is all I remember right now.

My feeling is that most likely spring/summer, Mazda will come out with a Grand Touring Model, that will include these, along with the leather interior, and leather shift knobs, and 18" wheels. What do you all think?

Mazdadude

I know it doesn't have to do with any proposed US GT model, but here is a news release from Mazda TODAY (12/22/05) Regarding the Premacy / Mazda5.

Although this only relates to the European/Asian Premacy, I find it is still interesting information. From my quick read, it looks like they have gone to US style grille, and are addding an olive interior color?

http://www.mazda.com/publicity/release/200512/1222b.html

Last edited:
I do believe that is the 'Premacy' only. Not the north american 'Mazda5'.

2 liter Premacys have been available in Japan for some time now, as well as the AWD version I believe.

At any rate, I don't think that a 'Grand Touring' would receive a downsized motor.

mazdadude said:
Hello fellow zoomers!

Upon reading the 2006 MAZDA5 Owners Manual, I came away with a few thoughts.

There are some options listed in the manual that are not in the US spec Mazda5.

Auto Rain Sensing Wipers
Variable Intermittent Wipers
Auto Head Lights
TPMS (although this appears to come on US models with NAV)
Trip Computer

Mazdadude

Got the auto lights & wipers on my GT in Canada as well. Have to say the auto wipers are really cool in the rain (especially living in Vancouver) but very annoying in dirty/slushy conditions (turn on randomly and make a mess). Guess these are our bonus items in Canada cuz we can't get the NAV system?

I would love to see leather & 18's - we would have upgraded for sure, but just could not wait.

Back