Broken Wiper

AhearnVT04

:
Mazda 3
So the other day my windshield had a little bit of snow on the passenger's side and I thought the wipers could take care of the job. The driver's side wiper ended up moving but the passenger's side wiper didn't budge. I ended up wiping the snow off when I got out but when I went to use the wipers again the passenger side still didn't move. I think I may have burnt it out since it is now loose. Any ideas of how to fix this without taking it to the dealership?

Pretty embarassing driving around with one wiper going full blast when the other just sits there................ (bang)

Both wipers work off the same motor. If one is working, then you didn't burn it up.

There's a 12mm nut at the base of the arm that holds the wiper arm to the wiper linkage. There's been a problem with those coming loose, so that's probably what your problem is.

Tighten the nut, free the wiper blade from the ice on the window and don't do it again! :D

Oh, if that's not the problem, then you probably popped one of the linkage joints inside the cowl. Pretty sure you can get everything off with a 12mm wrench and a phillips screwdriver.

if the linkage is broken, then replace it with the canadian spec ones.... they are beefier
part # CC43-67-360B
the canadian wiper motor is also stronger... but I doubt you'd need it

Back