Spot Cleaning Advise

FX-MAN

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6
I have a new Black MS6... it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep it clean. I wash it, and it's pretty much dirty by the time I drive it home from the carwash.

Does someone make spot-cleaning wipes that you can use on the car body? (if not.. someone should). I get armorall wipes for the interrior and windows, but I would love to know if there are wipes like this that I can use on the outside to keep the car somewhat clean between washes.

Tell me about it...LOL! I live 2 min from the car wash bays and by the time I get home its dirty again. Right now I have resigned myself to driving a dirty car in the winter.

As for the wipes, I have found the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser does a fantastic job for quick spot cleaning on the body.

R

Mothers Makes a touch up spray.

Here is the real solution.

DON'T BUY BLACK!

Silver and White are easy to make look good.

LOL... thanks for the advise.. I'll go trade my car in tomorrow for the silver one... :p

I went to armorall's website, and they make "Car Wash Wipes", but I can't find them in any stores yet.

Last edited:
well if you hate it so much I have a lapis 6i I'll gladly trade (2thumbs)

Invest in a quality instant/quick detailer and some high end microfiber towels.

Wipes are a recipe for disaster.

I have the car waxed and use cali car duster between cleanings. Black Magic wheel whipes then are used on the rims for the washed car look. Also wax your rims ;) I do admit lapis was al lil easier to maintain ;)

Now you know why I got my MS6 in White ... (stash)

FX-MAN said:
I have a new Black MS6... it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep it clean. I wash it, and it's pretty much dirty by the time I drive it home from the carwash.

Does someone make spot-cleaning wipes that you can use on the car body? (if not.. someone should). I get armorall wipes for the interrior and windows, but I would love to know if there are wipes like this that I can use on the outside to keep the car somewhat clean between washes.

Da 6 said:
I have the car waxed and use cali car duster between cleanings. Black Magic wheel whipes then are used on the rims for the washed car look. Also wax your rims ;) I do admit lapis was al lil easier to maintain ;)

couldn't agree with you more (mswerd)

fx-man, i'm a detailing freak so if you ever need any specifics, hit me up

I had a black Mustang for years and I gave up trying to keep it clean looking because you just can't do it unless you wipe it down every single day.

35ounce said:
couldn't agree with you more (mswerd)

fx-man, i'm a detailing freak so if you ever need any specifics, hit me up

I dig the Avatar 35ounce (rockon) but mine is better (poke)

Ahester said:
I dig the Avatar 35ounce (rockon) but mine is better (poke)

haha, but my evil monkey was animated! all good though, i changed mine to something better now (hump)

sorry fx-man, didn't mean to hijack the thread. but seriously though, it shouldn't be too hard to keep your black ms6 clean if you put the right wax on it. check the attached pic for the shine i got on my Z (rockon)

Attachments

• DSCN1928.JPG
    DSCN1928.JPG
    648.9 KB · Views: 174
I usualy have my car detailed in/out/hand waxed once a month for abour $29.95 till It started snowing. If you live in an apt then it's gonna suck. if you like in a house w/o garage or car port invest in a car cover. My picts after wax. White spots are primer :(

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 176
I have a lapis blue 6...... dirt shows fast on my car as well..... considering i drive it to the moutians for snowboarding im constantly washing my car.... ive found that after i wass and wax my car if i leave my microfiber drying towel balled up in the floorboard... it stays damp... and then i take the damp towel and its great for spot cleaning.... it wipes off smudges and dirt from a daily drive to work and home fast without leaving streaks and water spots.

the cali duster and wax is the best combo. If you aren't carefull the duster is prone to fly out your hand.

Last edited:
Back