Dyno'ed Stock Mazda 6s

icespeed

speed junkie
:
10 MS2
Hey everyone, I searched the mazda 6 forum but didn't find it, so...

We dyno'ed the little lady's 2004 Mazda 6s (6cyl) today. It is completely stock with the 5spd auto. There were some weird results, but none-the-less, here are they are, I am taking them directly from the print out. I will post a pic of it when I have a chance to get to the scanner...

Mustang Dyno, entered 3700 lbs for car weight, 9% incline:

Max Hp: 152 @ 6032 (although the computer at the place read 153.3)
Max Tq: 144 @ 4881 (don't recall a difference on the computer)

Air/Fuel @ 3730rpm: 12.5:1
@ 4114rpm: 12.0:1
@ 4497rpm: 11.7:1
@ 4881rpm: 11.6:1
@ 5265rpm: 11.3:1
@ 5649rpm: 11.2:1
@ 6032rpm: 11.1:1

I know she doesn't have intentions of modding, but I am sure that you all are. I hope this is informative for ya and gives you a good "starting reference".

Wow I was like thats low for a V6 then I re read 5 speed auto. CP-e would so help her out a-lot ;) There should have been a few dynoes and 1/4 times at *That Other Forum*

Last edited:
chip and intake the corrects fuel trim maps to prevent the cels and richness of V6 mostly. it came in 2 options. Injen intake with the add on chip or full out kit with their larger intake and the chip. There was a tunable version out there but I lost track of that.
http://www.cp-e.com/2001.html

atticus1398 said:
ahhh, i know someone with a 6i and aem and a big CEL.
Yes. Not as common but still exist more than people claim it does. Now has he cleared the cel with a scanner or disconnect the negative cable method?

Why does the 6 have such an issue with after market intakes??

CP-e is kind of pricey...Is it that good, or that necessary?

/\
|
|
|
What he said and also the sensor detects the size of the intake(bigger than stock) and sends cel. CP-e goes in and tricks the maf into thinking the intake is oem.

Da 6 said:
/\
|
|
|
What he said and also the sensor detects the size of the intake(bigger than stock) and sends cel. CP-e goes in and tricks the maf into thinking the intake is oem.

Ok, that makes a little more sense. Kind of screwy that the car knows something is wack with just changing the intake.

The way we usualy say it was CP-e is a chip that comes with an intake and that knida makes it not sound like some overpriced aftermarket intake and a ebay chip. This is the only working chip for the 6 w/o having to dyno tune. It is actualy cheap compared to other cars. I shelled out $450 for Superchip and then another $220 for an intake on my other car.

Last edited:
Da 6 said:
The way we usualy say it was CP-e is a chip that comes with an intake and that knida makes it not sound like some overpriced aftermarket intake and a ebay chip. This is the only working chip for the 6 w/o having to dyno tune. It is actualy cheap compared to other cars. I shelled out $450 for Superchip and then another $220 for an intake on my other car.

I see what your saying...Is there any splicing involved to get the little box hooked up?

Back