Squealing brakes?

dracore

I've been getting some pretty loud squeals in the morning when I back out of the garage and I step on the brakes. This doesn't happen if I'm in Drive though and it seems to only occur when the weather is FREEZING (a.k.a winter).

Has anyone else noticed this?

I've been getting it too. It's annoying, but like you said, it doesn't happen any other time so I haven't said or done anything about it. If it gets worse, or more frequent, I'll take it in

the_saint said:
I've been getting it too. It's annoying, but like you said, it doesn't happen any other time so I haven't said or done anything about it. If it gets worse, or more frequent, I'll take it in

Same here.

My car does it, my moms truck does it, my dads car does it. I have a feeling that it just happens when disc brakes are cold, once they warm up they are fine.

DeadGeneration said:
My car does it, my moms truck does it, my dads car does it. I have a feeling that it just happens when disc brakes are cold, once they warm up they are fine.

Brake squeal upon first application of the brakes is very common. After the vehicle has been parked, usually overnight, moisture condenses on the brake rotors, which in turn causes a light coating of "rust" to appear on the surfaces of the rotors and brakepads. This thin coating of rust is removed as soon as the brakes are applied.

Mazdadude

Back