broken key/remote

pbdave

:
Mazda 5 GT Black
anyone else have their key/remote break? one of our keys broke the first time it was used - the "key" part separated from the "remote" part when we pulled it out of the ignition, and the little plastic clip that held it together broke off.

will be calling mazda tomorrow re: replacement, just curious if anyone else had the same problem?

(canada)

Nope, not yet. I hope they cover it under warranty, my salesman told me they cost something like $160 to replace. (eek2)

My key didn't break apart, but the remote did stop working on one of my 2 keys.

The other key's remote still works fine, so I figure it's the key that's the problem (not the car). I haven't talked to my dealer about it yet, but I'm hoping he'll say it's covered under warranty.

Steve

Last edited:
smaria said:
My key didn't break apart, but the remote did stop working on one of my 2 keys.

The other key's remote still works fine, so I figure it's the key that's the problem (not the car). I haven't talked to my dealer about it yet, but I'm hoping he'll say it's covered under warranty.

Steve

smaria, your remote didn't get flooded, did it? ;-)
(eyeballs)

5thAve said:
smaria, your remote didn't get flooded, did it? ;-)
(eyeballs)

It wasn't in the car at the time, so no, there's really no chance that it got wet. That WAS my first thought (and worry) but I don't think there's any relation between the remote issue and the water issue.

actuall this is ironic because i went to pick up my 5 from the dealership the evening i bought it and was in the deatail shop at the dealer checking it out for scrathes and such it just got to dealership from the dealer trade and i pulled the key out of door and shut the key and it stuck in the remote body wouldnt come out so they sent it out and sent it to us a weak later no biggie but yes mine did jam actauult the very first tiem i used it

Back