paint/rust protection & fabric protection

pbdave

:
Mazda 5 GT Black
hey all, just out of curiosity did you opt for the dealership's paint/rust protection & fabric protection packages?

Why or why not?

Our dealer is very strongly pushing the diamondkote as the vehicle is black, and they say it will hold up to scratches way better.

the anti-car dealer in me senses that its a cash-grab....

My dealer in NC didn't mention either treatment. I have the Carbon Grey Mica (with a scratch already which I think may have been there when I bought it :(( ), so I'd be interested in some sort of coating I guess. I am also thinking about getting the Mazda seat covers. If not now, maybe once the fabric starts showing signs of wear.

I believe that the dealer paint protection is no better than a good wax, but that's just my opinion. I've sprayed the seats with scotch guard and that seems to be working just fine - only spent something like $6 and I've already had juice and coffee spills that beaded up and wiped up easily. Still, because of the interior being black and a dust/lint magnet - I'm still considering seat covers to lighten up the interior.

I'm considering getting a clear vinyl bra for the front to help avoid rock chips - It has a pretty big front nose!

Last edited:
Yeah, we opted for the paint and fabric protection. Against my better judgement but with 2 kids under 10 the back is bound to take a beating. With how quickly the dealership has this done, the conspiracy theorist in me thinks that all cars have it already, and by actually purchasing it, you are merely buying the warranty that goes with it and the little stickers that say its done. Just my crazy canuck idea for the day. (canada)

Latest posts

Back