Turbo Timers void factory warranty

SVOGT

:
'87 Mustang GT - '98.5 E1 CSVT - '06 MS6 -'12 Boss 302
....... per my dealer. Sucks, 'cuz if properly installed, it could save a turbo under warranty. (boom07)

thats complete bulls***. they probably just warranty as little as possible...
if there is ever a question then just dont let them see it.

FYI, remove all aftermarket parts before taking it in to the dealership, I suppose you already know that know. What I have learned is showing respect and being very civil went a long way with my local dealership. good luck!

Thats complete bulls***...Ask tehm how they are going to void your warranty and ask more specifically what they are going to void?

They cannot void the entire warranty as the turbo timer does not affect all systems.

My RX-7's factory manual recommends 30 sec idle time before shutting down to let the turbos cool

I have remote start alarm with 3 minute turbo timing feature(Not Activated). Go to another dealership if possible ;) I also had a dealer say they wouldn't touch my car if I altered it in any form. After painting the calipers I went in for the brake pads contacting rotors on turns issue and after they said the caliper warenty was voided they went ahead and fixed it.

As long as it's "installed correctly" there should be no issue.

my dealer never said anything about my turbo timer. i just turn it off, so that they don't wonder why the car is still running after they pull the key out of the ignition.

ChopstickHero said:
my dealer never said anything about my turbo timer. i just turn it off, so that they don't wonder why the car is still running after they pull the key out of the ignition.
Yeah hopefully the person who is driving it from point a to b are aware of the reasoning behind cycling the oil thru the turbine ;)

Back