OEM accessories?

Ordered on the Friday after Thanksgiving, got it on Wednesday.

No problems.

But I am surprised that the rear bumper step plate was hollow. I expected it to be a solid piece of rubber with a giant self adhesive strip underneath. It turns out to be hollow on the bottom with adhesive around the bottom edges of the step plate.

(uhm)

Wuster said:

No problems.

But I am surprised that the rear bumper step plate was hollow. I expected it to be a solid piece of rubber with a giant self adhesive strip underneath. It turns out to be hollow on the bottom with adhesive around the bottom edges of the step plate.

(uhm)

Was considering getting the rear bumper step plate - do you think that it's hollow to allow some "give"? Also wondering if it covers enough area to stop my worrying about scratching up the rear bumper while getting cargo in and out. I did buy a small strip of clear vinyl from rockblocker so that I can cover the top and a little over the lip of the rear bumper - but I haven't had a chance to try to install it.

I'm not sure why it's hollow underneath. Part of me thinks Mazda is being cheap. ;)

I haven't installed it yet because it's suppose to be done at room temperature and it's freezing in my garage. But looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like it covers the entire rear bumper.

Wuster said:

No problems.

(uhm)

See now, this pisses me off. I went into my local dealer the other day and he said the accessories weren't available yet and that it's probably be Septemeber (as in 2006) before they were! (glare) Man I hate that place. Looks like I'll be going online for this type of stuff.

I have an order in for seat covers - the dealer says probably not until January....we'll see.

miatafied said:
I have an order in for seat covers - the dealer says probably not until January....we'll see.
What I don't understand why most of the online stores don't identify which Mazda5 accessories are currently available and which are not.
I really hope it's January for the seat covers because my guy says Mazda has not confirmed a release date (monkey2)

Back