Coolant Level Down

isda65

:
2006 Mazda 5
I just noticed that my coolant level in the reservoir is in "L" (Low). It's my fourth month of ownership (minus one month in the recall) with 3400kms. Is this normal?

isda65 said:
I just noticed that my coolant level in the reservoir is in "L" (Low). It's my fourth month of ownership (minus one month in the recall) with 3400kms. Is this normal?

Cold weather= will be lower, if its at the low or lower take it to the dealership and they will fill it for you. If its above the low and its below freezing then its ok.

isda65 said:
Same here and the power steering is also at low with only 1800 miles on her.

Cold weather= will be lower, if its at the low or lower take it to the dealership and they will fill it for you. If its above the low and its below freezing then its ok.

I purchased a 2016 CX-5 GT on 15 Sep and my coolant level was at the F mark. Now, I can't see any in the top of the overflow tank. I only have 2,200 miles on it and the temp today was 64 degrees. If I push the front of the car down and let it bounce back up, I can see a little of the FL-22 as it moves. Is it worth buying a gallon of FL-22 or is it not a big deal since there is some in that tank. I live 100+ miles from the dealer I purchased it from and at least 60 miles from the nearest Mazda dealer.

I purchased a 2016 CX-5 GT on 15 Sep and my coolant level was at the F mark. Now, I can't see any in the top of the overflow tank. I only have 2,200 miles on it and the temp today was 64 degrees. If I push the front of the car down and let it bounce back up, I can see a little of the FL-22 as it moves. Is it worth buying a gallon of FL-22 or is it not a big deal since there is some in that tank. I live 100+ miles from the dealer I purchased it from and at least 60 miles from the nearest Mazda dealer.

For peace of mind, i'd buy some FL22 and fill it up. I'd keep track of it, I would not expect it to be so low from the factory. I think you can buy it online, so you save gas $, but it will cost more.

I've been thinking a bit about this and as best as I can remember, I usually have to add a little coolant to the overflow tank during every oil change for any car I've owned.

I've been thinking a bit about this and as best as I can remember, I usually have to add a little coolant to the overflow tank during every oil change for any car I've owned.

We bought our 2012 new in summer 2011
48 k miles
Coolant level same since day of purchase
Hasn't moved at all

We bought our 2012 new in summer 2011
48 k miles
Coolant level same since day of purchase
Hasn't moved at all

I did my first oil change on my 5 at 36,000 miles last week (bought my 5 second hand). The coolant level stayed the same, too.

Maybe it will change with higher miles. That's what I remember about my other cars, the high mileage years. :D

Back