The imaginary $500

fam

:
10 Mazda5 GT AT, 10 Mazda3S GB GT 6SPD
Has anyone received it yet? Im curious and would love to have it b4 christmas as it would make things much less "hectic".

$500 cold hard check.
For us unlucky Mazda5 to spend on whatever we want...car payment, Mazda accessories, crack, whatever.

perfecto said:
Someone on another forum has received their cheque already.

(hah) "Cheque"

LoL, well its aboot time.
( Im sorry but you called my van pink, and youre talking all canadian on me)

PS i just talked to my canadian coworker and argued about neighbor\neighbour, color\colour as well. Apparently she finds it hard to believe that the english language should be desicrated because the usa is currently da shiz niz of all english speekin peeps. :)

I cant wait. My HDTV\computer\University of Kentucky basement room awaits financing..for..well...the hdtv (499 for 28" Widescreen or 579 for 32" 4:3 at WALMART!)

Last edited:
28" widscreen? Is your "HDTV\computer\University of Kentucky basement room" only 8' deep? 28"....that would be like watching a movie on a shoe string!

Save some more money and get a decent sized tv. Unless ofcourse you're only sitting 5 foot from the tv.

The room is 10 x 10. Tv is a couple feet deep. It would be more like 4 ft. :) I couldnt get anything bigger. Its just gonna be a TV, a bean bag, a small couch, and a corner computer desk! AKA guy room! Itll be nice to watch sports in HD and hook it right up from the computer and play need for speed most wanted...which is really fun btw.

Last edited:
I thought about getting the 950 52" projection HDTV from samsung locally, but the idea of putting down 300 everytime the bulb goes out, plus you cant see the thing from any angle but eye level right in front. Plus the crts provide better picture, and as a tech junkie, i think thats all I am worried about. Although the idea of the 52 incher in a 10 ft room did cloud my mind for quite a while. :)

fam said:
Im sorry but you called my van pink, and youre talking all canadian on me

Actually I'm speaking English, and you're speaking American. :) Anyway! I don't know what I'm going to do with my $500. I think I'm going to use some of the money to tint the windows on the 5, and the rest will go to Christmas presents.

fam said:
Although the idea of the 52 incher in a 10 ft room did cloud my mind for quite a while. :)
lol, you'd look like Homer after he welds up his anti-bear suit....your eyes would be fried.

I don't own a Mazda5 but when I bought my car I was supposed to get some $500 rebate for being a recent college graduate. Well, a little over a year and an immeasurable amount of frustration later, I got mine. They ignored me, repeatedly lied to me, lost my forms, didn't return my calls, etc. until I had finally pestered them enough and also got Mazda North America involved to give me the money they promised. Hope everyone has better luck than me.

peepsalot said:
I don't own a Mazda5 but when I bought my car I was supposed to get some $500 rebate for being a recent college graduate. Well, a little over a year and an immeasurable amount of frustration later, I got mine. They ignored me, repeatedly lied to me, lost my forms, didn't return my calls, etc. until I had finally pestered them enough and also got Mazda North America involved to give me the money they promised. Hope everyone has better luck than me.

They are supposed to take 500 off the price of the car, atleast that is what they did for me when I bought my 04 3HB.

Perfecto, that tinting sounds like a plan, Id like to have my wife's 5 done too, Hopefully tinting keeps in heat as well? But 250 of the 500 went towards getting my wife a bigger rock, 250 towards my tv. Can you believe the diff between the difference from a half karrot to 3/5 karoot (registered laser etched perfect clarity) is $1400USD! Yes, I bribed my wife to geta tv, am I that bad>?

Back