Headlight aiming too low

a10thunder

:
Mazda5
I think the projector beams in my headlights aren't aiming high enough. I just picked up my Mazda5 a few days ago. I drove it home in the dark in heavy traffic so I didn't notice anything. I drove on a deserted highway last night and noticed that the lights don't reflect off of highway speed limit signs. Signs on overpasses were almost unreadable. Have other people noticed this problem or is mine an isolated case?

I haven't really noticed a problem, but I will say that the 5 does have a very sharp beam cut off, but that's the way the projectors are designed.
You can always aim them up, just thumb through the manual for it.

Headlight Flicker

I have not noticed downward projection, but my wife was following me home in the 5 and I was ahead of her in a Buick Century the headlights seemed to flicker quite a bit almost like a high beam effect. It was very irritating. I surmise that the front end is stiff and moves the beams accordingly like a flicker....any help????

unhappyM5owner said:
I have not noticed downward projection, but my wife was following me home in the 5 and I was ahead of her in a Buick Century the headlights seemed to flicker quite a bit almost like a high beam effect. It was very irritating. I surmise that the front end is stiff and moves the beams accordingly like a flicker....any help????
Actually, I think the flicker is a result of the projector beam pattern. With the more defined beam cut off it, the light appears to flicker as the cut off bobs up and down with the rest of the car.

Does that make sense? I know what I want to say, just not sure how to say it.

Back