Mazdaspeed 6 Parts "Wish List" Thread *UPDATED*

Da 6

:
2013 BGM Chevy Cruze ECO, 2005 SWP Subaru Legacy GT
This thread is where Mazdaspeed 6 owners can list parts they wish to possibly see on their car. Please limit this thread to just "realistic" parts for the "Speed 6". Please feel free to post away :)

*So far AEM is in R&D stage for the CAI stay tuned...

Last edited:
This thread is kinda of unnecessary.

Just say

"Every aftermarket part available for the Sti and Evo".

End of thread.

crossbow said:
This thread is kinda of unnecessary.

Just say

"Every aftermarket part available for the Sti and Evo".

End of thread.

That's not the ideal way to start a "wish list" thread...(notcool)

Let's get some real ideas going here...There are a couple owners here already...I'm sure they have ideas...get them posting! :D

Ok I somewhat understood what he ment by his post...My post being eddited as we speak :)

What do you mean not a good way to start a wishlist thread...everybody knows what they want...this thread is utterly pointless.

FMIC, turboback exhausts, A/F/timing control, boost controllers, lightweight CF hoods, coilover suspension, AWD computer control, rear and front sway bars, aftermarket brake pads, clutch, flywheel, engine mounts, intake manifold, turbo manifold, aftermarket turbo, larger injectors, catbacks, springs, shocks, slotted/dimpled rotors, blowoff valves, new front/rear airdam, front limited-slip, upgraded axles, aftermarket radiator, aftermarket oil coolers, fan controllers, turbo intakes, speed/density conversions, upgraded TMIC...

You know, the same things you want with every car...don't see the point.

If owners want something above, the last thing in the world you want is to start threads driving up false demand...instead get those owners to start contacting companies, and donating their cars. CP-E is waiting with doors open for an MPS 6, but no one has contacted them with a willing donor yet. Yet I'm sure people will post asking for parts they could be designing right now....

Last edited:
My plans for the car (as soon as parts are available)

Ram Air Intake (hopefully Injen or AEM)
Exhaust (probably GReddy)
CF Hood (I would love it if someone made an invader style hood). I am going to post photoshop of this in a few minutes.
Boost Guage
Turbo Timer

I don't see a reason NOT to have this thread, some people may just want to talk about parts. Eventually someone will post in here when parts become avail. I would rather have parts from somewhere with a reputation. AEM, INJEN for intake, maybe GReddy for exhaust.

Last edited:
Da 6 said:
Ok I somewhat understood what he ment by his post...My post being eddited as we speak :)

This should also be a thread to jump start part development and enlist MS6's needed for part prototyping etc...I realize there may be a lot of similar threads in the future but things will happen faster if we get organized sooner!

Thanks

FX-MAN said:
My plans for the car (as soon as parts are available)

Ram Air Intake (hopefully Injen or AEM)
Exhaust (probably GReddy)
CF Hood (I would love it if someone made an invader style hood). I am going to post photoshop of this in a few minutes.
Boost Guage
Turbo Timer

I don't see a reason NOT to have this thread, some people may just want to talk about parts. Eventually someone will post in here when parts become avail. I would rather have parts from somewhere with a reputation. AEM, INJEN for intake, maybe GReddy for exhaust.

Good start and Good point! (thumb)

MS6_invaderCFhood.jpg

yeah.... not sure.. I need a better photo to work from I think, but this getts the idea out there I guess.

Would a large hood scoop improve performance over the ram-air system that the hood has now for the intercooler?

Thing is molding it. remember how high the original sits with the ram air cowls. I had a similar idea but lil more smaller like the Legacy GT. If you did a WRX/STi hood scoop on the speed 6 it would need some kinda of grownd effects to make it feel more at home and not just thrown there. anyone ever think of FMIC conversion. that way you can get bigger IC w/o worrying about hood and engine clearance. Another idea is water sprayer for the TMIC.

crossbow said:
What do you mean not a good way to start a wishlist thread...everybody knows what they want...this thread is utterly pointless.

FMIC, turboback exhausts, A/F/timing control, boost controllers, lightweight CF hoods, coilover suspension, AWD computer control, rear and front sway bars, aftermarket brake pads, clutch, flywheel, engine mounts, intake manifold, turbo manifold, aftermarket turbo, larger injectors, catbacks, springs, shocks, slotted/dimpled rotors, blowoff valves, new front/rear airdam, front limited-slip, upgraded axles, aftermarket radiator, aftermarket oil coolers, fan controllers, turbo intakes, speed/density conversions, upgraded TMIC...

You know, the same things you want with every car...don't see the point.

If owners want something above, the last thing in the world you want is to start threads driving up false demand...instead get those owners to start contacting companies, and donating their cars. CP-E is waiting with doors open for an MPS 6, but no one has contacted them with a willing donor yet. Yet I'm sure people will post asking for parts they could be designing right now....

I would donate mine if they were local...(thumb)

R

I was thinking that in addition to the above a body kit would be nice. Something similar to the new Veilside body kit for the 6 (here is the link ).

R

Last edited:
Another thing is to see if the front and rear 05 and below facias fit the speed 6. Only possible issue is the 05 and belorw grille interfearing with flow to TMIC, possible hood and grille clearance, and the tips being in a difrent spot than regular 6 cutouts. The basic mod that should be R&D real soon is springs/coilovers.

Whats your vender status?

Last edited:
Da 6 said:
Another thing is to see if the front and rear 05 and below facias fit the speed 6. Only possible issue is the 05 and belorw grille interfearing with flow to TMIC, possible hood and grille clearance, and the tips being in a difrent spot than regular 6 cutouts. The basic mod that should be R&D real soon is springs/coilovers.

I am hoping to lower my MS6 in the spring. However, at the stock height I already have problems exiting parking garages with any significant grade (e.g. 10-15% grade). My conern with lowering the car, or adding on a front fascia fron the 6 is that the problem already present will become that much worse and make parking garages or driveways with significant grade an impossibility to traverse.

Of course, I could just never park inside...LOL

R

just upgrade shocks then. can't confirm the koni yellows work since I couldn't install the fronts. I know the pain cause both my cars scrape :(

Rainman,

The Mazdaspeed coilovers just slapped the MPS 6 name under the same part # as the standard 6's.

This tends to make me believe that any current aftermarket spring/coilover setup would work on the MPS 6.

If your willing to gamble, see if you can find a set of ebiach sportlines on sale from another member used. (Avoid the standard progressive ones).

The only problem I could see if that the rear shock on the MPS 6 is pretty crazy looking, which means it could be double valved and all sorts of fancy things...thus reducing its longevity could be quite expensive.

yeah if the rear suspention is same shock wise, koni yellow for the rear is recomended cause we both are currently running them ;)

I don't know about you guys but I'd love a turbo-back exhaust. Maybe some real tips for it too, unlike the fake ones stuck into the back end of my MS6...(the only part of my car I do not like)

Back