Tuning the MS6?

FX-MAN

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6
Does anyone know if there are intake and exhaust out there for the MS6? I would like to get a decent exhaust put on this thing. The throttle response could be better, so I was thinking intake/exhaust combo would be good for it. Eventually I want to swap the hood also, the stock hood is SO HEAVY.. I was blown away when I lifted the hood the first time. So much weight!

Anyone know if parts are available from anyone?

The car has berely been released and in it's limited producton form the only way aftermarket parts will be available is if a speed 6 owner is able be parted with their vechle for a few weeks so R&D can be done on it.

Mods...you guys should setup a MS6 parts thread...and sticky it...to keep track of a "parts wish list"...Also parts in development or MS6's needed for part prototyping etc...get things organized and jump started!

I'm sure there will be some sweet stuff out there eventually! :D

There are similarities and difrences between the speed and 6i. Only way we know is having one taken apart by a vender to take measurements. We shurely can make a "Wish List" but we will need a speed 6 or 2 to be test goat(s) for the venders and have people show enought intrest so parts aren't made and nobody buys them. Most of the stuff we have today is because of Mr Tea dropping his car off to every tom dick and harry who we wanted parts made by. Search ebay and just about every part you see is or was on his lapis blue 6i. I am not saying there will never be aftermarket for your cars. Just that it's gonna take time for an indept R&D process to happen. Most of us remembered what happened with Injen and AEM when the 1st set of V6 intakes got cels.

Allan,

The MPS 6 is an entirely different vehicle. I wouldn't even call it a 6. Everything down to the type of bolts/studs they use on the engine are different.

Hell its got two fuel pumps, with injector pressure at 1600+ psi. The standard 6i isn't even in the same ballpark as this car.

It just happens to "look" like a 6, and share parts of the chassis, thats about it.

crossbow said:
Allan,

The MPS 6 is an entirely different vehicle. I wouldn't even call it a 6. Everything down to the type of bolts/studs they use on the engine are different.

Hell its got two fuel pumps, with injector pressure at 1600+ psi. The standard 6i isn't even in the same ballpark as this car.

It just happens to "look" like a 6, and share parts of the chassis, thats about it.

Many, many things are different. They don't even share the same engine block, let alone the rods, crank, pistons. They have a different cyl head for sure. I was amazed on how many things they changed.

Last edited:
Ya the technical highlights booklet is huge! It was a tiny tiny pamflet for other years...this ones gotta be at least 300 pages long.

For all needs and purposes, treat the MPS 6 as a completely new make/model with a completely new drivetrain/engine in terms of aftermarket.

You might be able to get standard 6 catbacks to fit, but then the bumpers in the way...one way or another your going to have to get the dremel out. (This is of course assuming the catback flange is in the exact location as a stock 6).

I'm sure intakes/catbacks will be soon coming, as those are the general made for every car on the market parts.

In the meantime, you can remove your resonator and do the airbox/tray mod, as per the standard 6's.

The reasonator is a large plastic box in the driver side wheel well, which serves to quiet in the intake. Removing that will probably add a good deal or induction sounds, including some more woosh sounds as well. Its held on by 2-3 nuts. I think their 14 or 15mm, then it just pulls off.

If you want more airflow, you can remove the tray in the bottom of the airbox.

Btw just a reminder...CP-E is looking for a donor MPS 6 car to possibly produce a turboback exhaust for the car. No donor, no exhaust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back