5 still not on Dealer Lots.

Skylab

:
Mazda 5
I assume that Mazda dealers are busy fixing current owners 5's. I drive by the Mazda dealership everyday on the way to work, and still, there are none on the lot. I can see a couple parked in the backlot, and they've been sitting there for weeks! (boom07)

That is all.

-Craig

They're starting to sell them again in the VA/MD/DC area.

According to the sales guy at Fitzgerald, the 5's are back in the distribution pipelines again and he expects to get 4 or 5 in the next couple of weeks. Only reason I don't think he's pulling my leg is that he give me vin#s for them.

Wuster said:
They're starting to sell them again in the VA/MD/DC area.

According to the sales guy at Fitzgerald, the 5's are back in the distribution pipelines again and he expects to get 4 or 5 in the next couple of weeks. Only reason I don't think he's pulling my leg is that he give me vin#s for them.

Oops, check the previous message. Just found out that the vin#s I got was from a dealer search, not vehicles in the distribution pipeline.

Almost bought a White Waterpearl Touring with Nav and Automatic on Sunday. A differnt Dealer quote a below invoice price, but turned out that they hadn't fixed the recall issue on that vehicle yet (and they had no idea when they'll get the parts for it).

Oh, the super low trade in they offered for my 04Mazda3 pretty much sank the whole deal.

Try Carmax out... 04 3's aren't doing great on trade in right now because they hold their value really well if that makes sense. The pre-owned 3s we get as trade in are sitting for while because the market is selling for only a couple thousand less than what the new ones cost, so the 3's used market isn't all that hot right now. I hope that makes sense. In your case, you'd be better of selling it privately.

Yup, it makes sense to me...

But I have to confess that his offer of $3k below blue book trade in value was pretty insulting.

$11k for a 04 Mazda3 hatchback with automatic, sunroof, 6 cd changer, abs, ebs, and more airbags than I can count.

The car has been dealer maintained since day one (free schedule service for the first two years) and I bought it with 1 mile on the odometer. It's only got about 23.5k miles on it now.

The hard part about selling it privately is that my pregnant wife doesn't want any tom, dick or harry stopping by the house to look at the car when it's just her and my 2 yr old son at home.

Back