Hey y'all...New Mazda5 from VA selling on eBay????

boogaboo said:
This is weird! Thoughts?

Wow, it's even got tinted glass! I guess somebody decided to trade in their Mazda5 instead of waiting for the recall to end.

Wow, I need a tinted computer screen after scrolling thru all that CAPPED TEXT!!! Jeez, that's a dealership ad? ALL UPPER CASE LETTERS WITH !!!!! AFTER EVERY SENTENCE!!!

OH MY!!!!! (blowjob)

YEAH!!! THAT'S HOW YOU ATTRACT BUYERS ON EBAY!!!

lol
I hear ya man, that isht is irritating.
ebay sucks

Wow, the bid is up to $14.5k, and the reserve's still not met. So, at this point I guess it's obvious that it's not going to be sold for less than $15k. I'm curious to see what it'll sell for.

Minimum Reserve is $14,700 for the VA Mazda5

The minimum reserve is $14,700 for the 2006 Mazda 5 Black touring car. (drive2) (yippy) (yippy) (yippy) (band2) (p5black)

the_saint said:
^^That guy must be the seller?

Not necessarily...the reserve was met, and at that point anyone could have seen what the reserve price was.

The bidding closed at $14,700, so that's what it went for. Gee, seems really cheap for a brand new touring model...MSRP roughly $19,500 when new.

Does this mean that all of our cars have depreciated by about $5000 already? Or was this one just sold cheap?

Last edited:
the saying that your car depreciates by 20% the moment you drive it off the lot must hold true with the 5s... (boom07)

I wouldn't worry. I plan to get 5 good years out of this car, and enjoy it every time I see it! (thumb)

smaria said:
Not necessarily...the reserve was met, and at that point anyone could have seen what the reserve price was.

The bidding closed at $14,700, so that's what it went for. Gee, seems really cheap for a brand new touring model...MSRP roughly $19,500 when new.

Does this mean that all of our cars have depreciated by about $5000 already? Or was this one just sold cheap?
Ah...well, I didn't go back and check the auction, didn't know that reserve had been met.
Wow, it went for 14,9?? damn, that's cheap!! It had something like 1600 miles didn't it?
I wonder if the recall has some bearing on the price being so low...I wouldn't think the 5 would loose that much value that quick. (boom07)

Antoine said:
Maybe the seller F'd up on the reserve limit or there is another unkown reason (read: defect)?

Yeah, you might be right...it could have some defects that weren't advertised. If it really was in good condition, and only 1600 miles, then I bet the seller could've gotten more money through traditional means (dealer trade-in, or third-party sale) for a car that's in such demand right now :)

But, yeah, I don't plan on selling my Mazda5 anytime soon either. So the current resale value, whatever it is, doesn't affect me. I was just surprised by how cheap this one sold for.

I'm personally wondering about flood damaged cars making their way north.....

Back