Sirius Satellite Radio

Nando 6i

I was wondering if the stock radio that the 2005 Mazda 6i hatchback sports model radio has the ability to display the contents of the music playing.

I know that there is some Sirius Satellite kits that look like amps and seem like you put in your trunk or under your car seat.

I hope the question was clear (boom07)

Nando 6i said:
I was wondering if the stock radio that the 2005 Mazda 6i hatchback sports model radio has the ability to display the contents of the music playing.

I know that there is some Sirius Satellite kits that look like amps and seem like you put in your trunk or under your car seat.

I have sirius and I have an old kit.. It's a hardwired kit (not one of the travel tuners) that stays in my car and has an LCD readout that I stuck to the cig lighter cover. But to answer your question, no, I don't belive the stock radio has the capability to do that.

Yea if you want to add sirius satellite, add the XACT standalone reciever, its only $49.99 at bestbuy, and its small and can fit on your dash, i have the Sirius Starmate, it matches the gauges in my 01ES protege...match the 6 gauges too since its the red/orange. ANd it has a built in FM Transmitter. Easy to install just plug in the Antenna and plug it into the cig lighter. I carry mine from car to car. so its no biggie. But if you want to install the SIRIUS READY radio...its gunna cost you more but you may be able to find one at www.mazdarecycling.com (you have to call them first) might be expensive there, or get one from the dealer. Id personally just do the Standalone that u can take out and put back in. THey come with suction cups or you can rig up someway to put i in the armrest or infront of the shifter.

Sirius is the Shiznizzle bizzle

In one of the forums I saw a picture of a mazda 6 that had the satellite radio installed where the ash tray / lighter bay is at. Do you what kind of Sirius model that is?

Is the artist and song title displayed on the factory Sirius setup?

Nando 6i said:

"We're very pleased that Mazda has decided to install SIRIUS in these models at their port facility, so that potential Mazda buyers will now be able to experience SIRIUS as soon as the car arrives at the dealer," said Doug Wilsterman, Senior Vice President and General Manager OEM Division for SIRIUS. "This is just one more step that will make it easier for Mazda buyers to get the commercial-free music, innovative talk programming, and the wide variety of sports that SIRIUS offers."

"Mazda is always looking for ways to make the driving experience even more pleasurable for its customers," said Jack Stavana, Director of Accessory Operations, Mazda North America. "We are thrilled to be able to offer Mazda buyers an easy way to experience what millions of SIRIUS subscribers already know - that SIRIUS is the programming leader in all of radio."

All vehicles are available with factory-installed SIRIUS radios that display artist, song title and category with the addition of the port- installed kit. Mazda is offering the port-installed SIRIUS system for an MSRP of $430, which includes the first six months of service. The regular SIRIUS subscription is $12.95 per month, and extended subscription terms beyond the initial six months are available, with special discounts for Mazda customers.

Source: Telematics Journal

Last edited:
The Mazda factory (dealer installed) Sirius add on to the HU does NOT automatically scroll through the channel/artist/song, etc. like every aftermarket one I've ever seen. There is a button that says "DISP" that will toggle between text items and channel number manually. This is cheap! For almost $500 this should do whatever the $70 units do and then give you oral! This stinks!!!!!

(flame)

Cheap Mazda Sanyo unit doesn't even come with a manual!

Back