Mazda makes amends...

Antoine

Administrator
Mazda makes amends with Mazda5 owners

http://www.autonews.com/defaultRegister.cms?newsId=13711
3060000000051425.JPG

by John Neff
Though it was previously reported that Mazda was citing driver error as the cause of some mysterious Mazda5 exhaust fires that prompted a recall, Automotive News is reporting that Mazda will be giving $500 cash to customers affected by the recall and resetting the start date of their warranties to December 1st, 2005.​

This is one of the oddest recalls we can recall in recent history, and this marks a fitting end to it. In addition to the couple extra months on their warranties, Mazda5 owners can make a free car payment or fill the back of their tall wagons with Christmas presents courtesy of Mazdas generosity.​

Sounds like a crappy reimbursement for calling their customers liars and then basically admitting it was their fault(mazdas).

Nice cover up Mazda...Offer 'em cash....that'll shut 'em up!

And damn it Antoine....Respond to my PM's!

Captain KRM P5 said:
its better than nothing at all
This is very true..And like he said..Just in time for Christmas...Merry Birthday to me!

I'm happy with the offer from Mazda, wish they would have wiped the miles off the record too though. :)

aren't they going to reflash the ecu so the automatic versions won't be allowed to be driven at redline (in sport AT mode) for extended period of time?

so mazda in fact did address the actual issue via heat shield and ECU reprogramming, the extra cash/warranty period is just additional good gesture... pretty good PR move by Mazda if you ask me...

now if all the mp3 and speed owners had some sort of closure to their (our) headache known as the clunk...THAT would be a good move

ForceFed said:
Sounds like a crappy reimbursement for calling their customers liars and then basically admitting it was their fault(mazdas).

Nice cover up Mazda...Offer 'em cash....that'll shut 'em up!

And damn it Antoine....Respond to my PM's!

What are you talking about? The issue was end user stupidity. The cash is a classy gesture.

Antonio DiMarco said:
What are you talking about? The issue was end user stupidity. The cash is a classy gesture.
A classy gesture would be fixing a problem that is still ongoing (4 years+) that blatantly is their fault. Yes, I'm still bitter; its getting colder and clunkity clunk clunk clunk...no warranty anymore, mazda says 'F-U'.(deadhorse

lasermp5 said:
The clunk however won't cause your car to burst into flames... lol
haha-I agree- exactly the reason our problem got no attention.
now, if the sway bar someday snaps, as technically it very well could, and causes a horrific accident(s) (hopefully that never happens) I'm sure they'll be very afraid of the paper trail left about the issue. Fortunately for them (and I'm sure they probalby know this) it will probably take many years for that to happen if at all, so its not really their problem...

Yeah, I would have to say that I am VERY satisfied with the way Mazda took care of my family and I. They seemed to be doing everything they possibly could to make sure I had what I needed, and also making sure I am being compensated for the trouble. Instead of the staff telling me NO NO NO and arguing with me, they listened to me and tried to push for what I wanted before they told me no (like, 'I don't want an MPV for a loaner! ANYTHING but an MPV!' , 'We'll see what else we can do for you.' [the next day] 'We checked again and the only loaners we have are MPV's' , '.......DAMNIT! Ok.').

Back