Extra 12V power sockets

Antonio DiMarco

Contributor
:
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin Gray
The only real weaknesses I found with my 5 is the lack of 12V power sockets. The Honda Pilot we traded had about 4 sockets and was able to easily handle our Garmin GPS, cell phone and portable DVD player.

So I was thnking of installing another socket in the front console, but want the same good quality covered sockets that are currently installed in the 5.

Anyone know a good supplier?

Antonio DiMarco said:
The only real weaknesses I found with my 5 is the lack of 12V power sockets. The Honda Pilot we traded had about 4 sockets and was able to easily handle our Garmin GPS, cell phone and portable DVD player.

So I was thnking of installing another socket in the front console, but want the same good quality covered sockets that are currently installed in the 5.

Anyone know a good supplier?

i just went to radio shack, bought a cigarette lighter splitter thing (one end to plug in, provided 2 sockets) and cut the wires, i went to my battery the other end plugged into a socket and touched the wires to the battery, there was a little green light on the plug end of the adapter i bought. when the light turned on i knew which was pos and neg. i then pulled out my radio, figured out which wire was power (if you have aftermarket radio this helps a lot) and spliced in the wires from the adapter. i now have two extra ports under my dash. one of them holds my cell phone charger, the other my handheld CB radio power cord. it was very easy and cost about $5

Back