Black on black MS6.....Rim Suggestions?

Rainman

:
2006 Black Mica MS6 GT + 2007 MS3 (2003.5 Yellow MSP = retired)
So I finally got my MS6 yesterday. Took a look at it yesterday just after it arrived and they were taking it in for PDI. I'll be picking it up at 5:00 today. It is a looker for sure. However, I already have plans for its first year.

It is getting tinted as we speak. Additional plans for this year include a drop, new rims, fatter tires (if possible), exhaust, a FMIC, and possibly an AFC.

Heres where you come in. I have been thinking that black powder-coated rims would like tight, but I don't even know where to begin considering the rims. I'm looking for something hot yet subtle, and something that won't break the bank (my MSP and MS6 payments are enough to do that I assure you). I am a believer of "less is more" so the less spokes the better. If you can spare the time post your suggestions. Pics would be nice too if you can find any.

I'll thank everyone in advance for their contributions. Let the posting begin.

R

New MS6 uses direct injection, no? Not to burst your bubble, but the AFC idea sounds like it is out the window. GDI systems might prove hard to tune...

As for wheels, you looking for less spokes as in thin, or low spoke count?

Congrats on the purchase though, saw your other thread and she is beautiful. LET US KNOW HOW IT DRIVES!!

Ya I'd hold off on anything involving ecu/pcm tuning. DFI is one hell of a pita to tune, and it doesn't work the same way as standard injection systems in reguards to available aftermarket. Your going to have to wait until someone figures it out.

CP-E has mentioned wanting to make a turbo back system for the car, but there hasn't been donor cars yet.

Some 17x8's in 235/45/17 would work well. (Evo/sti tire/wheel sizing) for that car.

BradC said:
New MS6 uses direct injection, no? Not to burst your bubble, but the AFC idea sounds like it is out the window. GDI systems might prove hard to tune...

As for wheels, you looking for less spokes as in thin, or low spoke count?

Congrats on the purchase though, saw your other thread and she is beautiful. LET US KNOW HOW IT DRIVES!!

Less as in low spoke count, although I'm not big on really wide spokes either.

As for the AFC, where there is a will there is a way. Among the collective intelligence of the forum we must be able to find someone to tune this bad boy!

R

if you are serious about doing all that modding... i'm sure since you have one of the first MS6 in your area, you should be the donor car for some companies to make products for. you will probably get them either free of charge or at a super low price.

oz_superleggera.png
this is to keep the idea of the stockers,but look a hell of a lot better.(OZ supralegra)

rota_slipstream.png
a more race looking wheel,light,solid,and smooth.
(rota slipstream)

now these two I believe are the best wheel fopr the car,good price,lightweight,and looks GREAT!
fn01rcblkwslvr.jpg

2005-07-18-5zallblack.jpg

They fit the 6, I've personally seen a 6S with RX-8 18" wheels. No problem at all.

All current Mazda wheels(note I said current as in 2006 because the 2005 Miata has 4X100 wheels) are interchangeable. All of them...so you can put 18" Mazda 6 wheels on the Miata and put the MPV 17" wheels on a B-series truck. If you really want to ofcourse!

yup all 5 x 114.3 mazda wheels are interchangeable, even the center hubs are the same size! no need for hub rings!

Umm, didn't you lease? You're going to mod the car and then remove them when you return the car or are you planning on buying it out? What's your reasoning?

The MPS 6 has a stock +55 offset...so you'll want to stay as close to that as possible.

Anything x8 width with +45 to +55 offset requires rolling the rear fenders. If your leasing you probably won't be able to do that, which will greatly limit your wheel/tire sizing.

Of course if your leasing, technically you shouldn't be modding the car at all.

These wheels are MazdaSpeed accessory wheels for the Mazda 6 and are 18X7.5.
pho_MZ6_18_alum_wh_lg.jpg

Furthermore since I've seen a Mazda 6 with RX-8 wheels I know that you won't have to roll the fenders or anything stupid like that. They didn't scrape at all.

but those are ugly as hell

this is one of the first MS6s around,blk on blk,this thing needs to be clean,and rice free.tastfully done.

heres some black on black action for ya.
striker187.JPG

Banner-08.jpg

random%20pics%20022.jpg

IMG_4416%20copy.jpg

ok so the last one wasn't exactly black but whatever. better post pics of the speed when you get home!

whatever wheel you choose don't get black with a polished lip, they are played to hell. And congratulations on the purchase of a beautiful car!

Back