What is the model of the Radio/CD player

Any one know the manufacturer of the Radio/CD player that comes with the Mazda 5 in Canada, or USA. It is not MP3 capable.

thanks

solid_snake said:
i believe it's FMS (Ford Mazda Sanyo)
That's the impression I'm under as well.

The radio is modular. You can get the MP3 player. It's just a different module that you mount in there.
Here's a link to another site where somebody did the swap. Linky

Does anyone know if it has the same pinout as other Mazda radios like the radios in the Mazda 3 or Miatias. I want to add the Aux port to make it work. I have a pinout from an older radio.

Any thoughts

Thanks

the_saint said:
That's the impression I'm under as well.

The radio is modular. You can get the MP3 player. It's just a different module that you mount in there.
Here's a link to another site where somebody did the swap. Linky

Mazda5rocks said:
Does anyone know if it has the same pinout as other Mazda radios like the radios in the Mazda 3 or Miatias. I want to add the Aux port to make it work. I have a pinout from an older radio.

Any thoughts

Thanks
I have no idea. I'll try to do some checking around tomorrow.
Specifically what aux port/pin out do you have?

the_saint said:
Nope, not yet. What specifically do you have that you want to hook up to the 5 HU?

I want to connect up my palm as a mp3 player. I know about the Auxmod but I also read about how someone was able to reverse engineer and direct connect up without the auxmod.

That was the route I wanted to go.

Hey did I mention I am driving my 5 now?

perfecto said:
Has anyone tried it in a 5 yet?

I've exchanged emails with the company. They've verified that the AuxMod DOES work with the 5 even though their website does not reflect that, yet.

I'm on the waiting list....

-mazdahatch

Back