Mazda Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfecto

:
2006 Mazda 5 GT
"Thank you for query regarding the upcoming recall on the Mazda5.

Although Mazda Canada Inc. has no obligation to offer alternate transportation when a recall prevents owners from driving their Mazda vehicles, Mazda Canada Inc. has offered a replacement vehicle up to $50 per day in an effort to minimize any inconveniences for Mazda owners.

We appreciate your patience and hope all our Mazda5 drivers are back in their vehicles soon.

Customer Relations

Mazda Canada Inc."

What was the email address you sent this to.

Thanks

Although Mazda Canada Inc. has no obligation to offer alternate transportation when a recall prevents owners from driving their Mazda vehicles, Mazda Canada Inc. has offered a replacement vehicle up to $50 per day in an effort to minimize any inconveniences for Mazda owners.

We appreciate your patience and hope all our Mazda5 drivers are back in their vehicles soon.

Customer Relations

Mazda Canada Inc."[/QUOTE]

Mazda usa has an obligation to a loaner, they say that throughout the sale. Why wouldnt canada? I guess it has something to do with the 600ft of snow, but with global warming and all, they should come around soon.

perfecto said:

Let me preface this by apologizing for this rant. I've been lurking, not posting; before reading this, I was in the "I just hope I get my 5 back soon"-camp.

But now: This really bugs me. Yes, we get it Mazda Canada, you don't have any legal obligation to provide me with alternate transportation.

Nor do you have any obligation to show corporate good sense toward your customers, you morons.

See, when my customer comes to me and says, politely, "Excuse me, the recall has inconvenienced me and my family a bit", I don't respond with "We have no obligation to help you". A little defensive don't you think?

The recall has affected ~2700 vehicles in North America. Using the standard "Canada has roughly 10% of the US population" as a guide, I surmise that ~270 Fives are affected in Canada.

Are you telling me that Mazda Canada can't afford a warranty extension, a cargo net, or whatver as a show of goodwill toward their customers? Jesus Christ, that's shortsighted.

I'm told that Mazda Canada has a contract with a company that monitors forums like this one and presents reports to Mazda execs on the "buzz" surrounding their products.

Well, here's some buzz, Michel Benchimol (President, Mazda Canada): Show us some sign of good faith. Think outside of the usual corporate BS. Be different. Remind us why we buy your cars: We like the looks/style/price/practicality/speed/whatever and we like your company. Don't turn your back on us now.

Phew. Okay. Venting complete.

Youre justified on your comments so dont worry about being called a whiner. Its aboot time use canadians get some compensation, aye?

Actually, the sales of 5's are dramatically higher than you have surmised - we're at around 1,500 in Canada.

Yeah per capita yo guys like your minivans alot more than those stupid americans. Gosh knows convertibles are useless up there :)

On further analysis, anyone that would own a covertible would probably own a trailer\home in florida. I believe the whole country lives there in the winter.

Not entirely true Fam - Mazda is very popular up here in comparison to the US. We also prefer more fuel efficient cars than you guys do. :)

Yeah, I've noticed the canuks are crazy about the Mazda3, Scion xA (Toyota ist), Toyota Echo, etc.

Must be all that open space between towns. You frugal Canadians :D

You mean you DONT all own homes in florida for the winter???? Or do you rent? :) If it sucks too bad to live there all winter just move a few hours south. I have an extra room if you guys need it. Im always up for more mazdas in my driveway (and when im 40 a 67 GT500)

perfecto said:
Actually, the sales of 5's are dramatically higher than you have surmised - we're at around 1,500 in Canada.

Ahh, good point Perfecto. I had forgotten that the 5 is expected to sell very well in Canada (and apparently is).

The point still stands though. Surely Mazda Canada can do something for 1,500 of us. It's not like GM recalling 386,000 pickup trucks (or whatever).

Frankly if I was them, I would take the opportunity to build some cheap goodwill.

its just some of the old folks in canada that own homes in florida. 99.9% of canadians put up with cold weather and snow...

since my igloo melted, i've been living in a tent. Thanks god its almost winter

perfecto said:
No Scion in Canada. :)
Do the sell them under the Toyota brand?
Maybe they don't sell the xA (ist) or xB (bB) up there, I thought they did.
Oh well, I've been wrong once or twice before. (lol2)

The Echo Hatchback we have is the same as the Yaris in Europe, and it's sort of close to an xA, I guess. There are some import Scions and most of them sell for ridiculous prices.

I was at the dealership yesterday. They had just received a shipment of parts and were busy retrofitting all their in-stock Mazda5's. One had resumed a place of pride in the showroom though my salesman said he wasn't sure he was allowed to sell it yet... !!! ???

Also, the parts guy confirmed that the newly-redesigned cargo cover was not only available but also he had two in stock for customers already.

EDIT:
This was Carling Motors in Ottawa, Ontario.

Last edited:
I'll be locking this thread now, Mazda Canada is doing the exact same thing as the USA. Thanks Mazda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back