First Ms6 In Oklahoma: 0wned By Me!

Cloke

:
2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Well I talked to the internet guy from Nelson Mazda here in Tulsa, OK. Oklahoma has only 2 "Speed" dealerships here. There are more than 1 Mazda dealers but only 2 Speed dealers. Well enough of that. I talked his ear off and he was impressed by what I knew about preaty much a little of everything. I'm planning to get a MS6 and he was like, you know those arn't out yet? And I was like, duh. He told me that Tulsa is exspecting Oklahoma's first MS6. It's going to be the liquid platnum. He said when it's in he's going to call me. IDK if he says to everyone asking about the MS6 but, I feel special. Ha ha. But he said when it also comes in, we'll crunch the numbers and set something up. So, if I do get this specific MS6, I'll be the first one in OKLAHOMA to own a MS6, me special. Awsome.

Ha ha, well if my Automatic Protege 2.0 can keep up until they hit high 2nd gear, then I think its aboot the same; but the MSP owners don't have AWD nor direct fuel injection.

I was referring more to the rapid and massive onset of inital problems and issues caused by an entirely new untested platform.

Crossbow your efforts are wasted, ...everyone wants to be the spoiled brat, or the first one to get everything. he will learn his lesson though, hence why I am in no rush to get it....

J dragon said:
Crossbow your efforts are wasted, ...everyone wants to be the spoiled brat, or the first one to get everything. he will learn his lesson though, hence why I am in no rush to get it....
(werd) and keep in mind..He doesn't have anything but some BS from a salesman.

crossbow said:
I was referring more to the rapid and massive onset of inital problems and issues caused by an entirely new untested platform.

i guess the mazda6 test that we had here doesnt count?? 2 of them going all out and drifting on turns! fun fun fun mazdafest 2005!

hey guys, lets not play flame the newbie here.. the guy's excited about possibly getting an ms6, leave him alone.

The mazdafest MPS's were hand built. Some of the delays were caused because getting those systems working in mass production were problematic. The DFI, AWD, Rear differential, and Turbo's all had issues during production which caused almost an entire year delay in the vehicles time to market.

Its one thing to hand build and hand torque each piece down, its quite another to get everything to work when tolerances have greater variance due to mass production.

Last edited:
seanmcsean said:
hey guys, lets not play flame the newbie here.. the guy's excited about possibly getting an ms6, leave him alone.

Not flaming..just a little dose of REALITY (cheers)

Okay I admit, I was flaming...but we are lookin out for him. With Mazda's track record history you'd think people would learn not to jump the gun.

Don't flame the guy, maybe hes just excited about his new car! (by the way I was the first to own a MSP in Kansas)

MSpeed68 said:
Don't flame the guy, maybe hes just excited about his new car! (by the way I was the first to own a MSP in Kansas)

He doesn't have a new car....yet.

congrats to cloke if he gets the car without getting screwed, it won't be for another two months before they might even be out, so when you get one cloke, change out the rims and post pics !

what's the supposed msrp anyway ?

I am the owner of the first RELEASED Mazdaspeed Protege in North America.

Note I wasn't the first owner I bought it from digi168 5 months after he got it.

I also capitalized "RELEASED" because it's not #1 in the production numbers, I actually don't know what my production number is. :(

If some one can find out for me my VIN is JM1BJ227130641660.

The point of this is it's very good to get a first, because they usually put extra care into it since it acts like a flagship in the car communities.

seanmcsean said:

Good point! Take it easy guys...Don't get my delete finger itchy ;)

Carry on...Thanks!

PHRiSCo said:
I am the owner of the first RELEASED Mazdaspeed Protege in North America.

Note I wasn't the first owner I bought it from digi168 5 months after he got it.

I also capitalized "RELEASED" because it's not #1 in the production numbers, I actually don't know what my production number is. :(

If some one can find out for me my VIN is JM1BJ227130641660.

The point of this is it's very good to get a first, because they usually put extra care into it since it acts like a flagship in the car communities.
are you SURE thats your vin? cant find it in the numbers on mazdausa's website. heres the link from them of production numbers.
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/faq/2003_MAZDASPEED_Protege.pdf

Back