TURBO KITS AVAILABLE (need 50 members)!!!!

I just got off the phone with GREDDY and one of the techs said that if I (kflyfshr7) could get 50 MP3 owners to commit to buying a turbo, they (GREDDY) would make one for our beautiful and unique cars!!!!!!!!!!! Come on guys, let's show the import world that we CAN compete and look GOOD doing it!!!

I've heard things like these 30 times already.

tell him this: there's a ton of protege and soon protege5 owners out there. a properly designed turbo kit would be compatible with the mp3, p5 and the regular protege, and I'll be damned if they don't make a profit.

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: enry ]

true , what's the price and what's in the kit, and how mach hp will it make, :confused: and good luck getting 50 people with out the price and some dyno results hehe :p

Obviously I can't tell you what the specs are since there isn't one yet!!! But the guy did tell me that at least 50 people would have to commit in order to get it in the making. He also said that we would all get the kit for a decent price. What this means, I don't know, but NOTHING will happen until a few of us get together and demand one be made. Look, I am a proud MP3 owner and I just want to have what everybody else wants, MORE HP! Maybe we can sign a petition or some s***. I don't know what steps to take next, but I DID talk to a tech guy and that is exactly what he told me. Help me out here people. And I don't care if you have heard this sort of thing 30 times. I am relaying the message given to me by GREDDY.

me too, good price and decent performance increase and i'm in!
how much do u usually pay for someone to install a turbo?

If GReddy can guarantee a time frame and a price, I'll be in. So if you can get those 2 questions answered, you'll probably have a lot od buyers interested. I propose we start a list, so any GReddy Tech who decides to get on the MP3 board can see the guaranteed buyers.

• kflyfshr7
  • ArcTan2x+k
  • MazdaMP
  • APEXistud San Jose, CA

What we should also do is put our locations or at least city and state. Ok, people I know you guys are interested. And this won't be a kit made by some whole in the wall tuner shop. This Is GReddy. I hope this kid isn't talking smack and lying about speaking to GReddy. Keep this post alive. :)

Guys, I've been looking for a turbo system since i purchased the vehicle. If anyone knows where to get one, I'll support it just as long as I get some hp in my MP3. The price I would have to agree on some of you saying that it's got be right and the hp gain, well thats got be true too. If all is good, I'll take it, I'M IN.

email me at meng33@hotmail.com if you want. :rolleyes:

I have a question, kflyfshr7 talked to a tech? What does that mean, exactly? Everytime I've heard "tech" in the auto industry it usually means a line mechanic, or sometinhg like that. I'd like to know the people in charge are behind a kit before I say yay or nay...

Is the Greddy company behind it, or is it just some line worker who is lookin' to make some extra cash on the side?

Good morning to all! When I spoke to Greddy I asked to speak to a technician not a sales rep. He said in order for the company to make a profit and make it worth their while, they would have to have atleast 50 buyers. Keep putting your names on the list and in the meantime I'll contact Greddy again and inform them that we have a list started. Maybe they can give me some general specs on horsepower and price. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for all your repsonses! :D

I am in, but why don't you post the tech's name and maybe the phone number to Greddy. I would like to call them too.

I see what you guys are saying about knowing the fine details, but at any rate, buy making a list of "definately interested" buyers, any shop who is considering building a kit can see how many people are really interested. I too would like more information as well. Here's the new list.....

Updated list
  • kflyfshr7
  • ArcTan2x+k
  • MazdaMP
  • APEXistud San Jose, CA
  • Nathen IN.
  • Leonardo (possibly in)

Hey.. i'm in too provided we get the specs and prices first... but 50 people is alot of people..

Updated list:

• kflyfshr7
  • ArcTan2x+k
  • MazdaMP
  • APEXistud San Jose, CA
  • Nathen IN.
  • Leonardo (possibly in)
  • Enry
  • Karl Marx

damn there is no preview feature ?
Btw enry, can you make the window bigger for the messages, i didn't notice until now but since the new UBB version its smaller again.

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: Karl Marx ]

Oh yeah!!! I wanna know a price and HP, of course..I'm REAL interested....sign me up Uncle Sam.....I gotta get me a GReddy!!!! :D :D :D

Like everyone else, assuming the price and hp are reasonable, I'm definitely in...

Updated List:
  • kflyfshr7
  • kflyfshr7
  • ArcTan2x+k
  • MazdaMP
  • APEXistud San Jose, CA
  • Nathen IN.
  • Leonardo (possibly in)
  • Enry
  • Karl Marx
  • Mp3cHikn
  • BobboJ